International student to apply educational loans in the US? Possible?

July 25, 2012 8:12pm CST
I'm currently thinking of furthering my studies in the US but money is the problem. I really do wonder if colleges there accept pre-Uni STPM certificate(from Malaysia) to pursue a pre-med course because I'm interested to enter medical school. That's what I need to know most. Secondly, I hope there are some kind of loan schemes even for Malaysian students like me offered. I've read some information and I don't understand much of whatever they are saying. They keep referring me to this and that, fill in here and there, but in the end it's mostly about US citizens themselves. Do I need to be a US citizen, or something? I know nothing about all this, but this is hard to get at. So I was wondering if any of you Asians have successfully receive financial help to fund your studies in the US.
1 response
@kingparker (9698)
• United States
26 Jul 12
I don't know if you they allow foreign students to apply their Federal student loan program or not. You might need to ask your school financial aid department to find out more. Don't be afraid to ask, and you might get some help from them. They will refer you to a better place to look for it. Why not consider borrow some money first, then you should find a part - time job either in school or outside of school to finance your education too. That way, you don't have to borrow too much money from the loan.