How to Encourage your Kids to Deal with a Bully.

@Jshean20 (14374)
So I don't have kids myself yet, but sometimes I do think about what it would be like raising them and I want to be a good parent. I know the affects that bullying can have on a child and unfortunately most kids will have to face a bully at some point. How would you encourage your kids to deal with a bully?
Many will not agree with mebutthis worked best for my child and never failed her. My mother taught all her kids to defend themselves against bullies. I never let anyone bully me and neither did any of my siblings and it worked just fine. I also taught my child to defend herself against anyone who bullied her in school. and because my child would fight anyone who bothered her we never had to worry about this with her. she was called mike tyson in school. and the other kids would all tell how she beat someone so bad for bothering her. now don't get me wrong she was not allowed to hit anyone first. she was only allowed to reason with them. but,if they hit her she was to beat the crap out of them amd it stopped a lot of people from bothering her. My mother would not allow any of us to start trouble with anyone or we would get beat at home.
I think I have to agree with you, gifts!The only thing that's making all these bullies stronger are people who refuse to fight them. But, if you give them a taste of their own medicine, that would definitely send them a message that you're not someone they should mess with. I was actually watching a video in youtube, about a skinny kid who was bullying a fat kid, while I was commenting to your post. The end result of the video was the fat kid beat the cr@p out of the skinny kid. Maybe this video could serve as an inspiration for kids that are bullied all over the world.
@Jshean20 (14374)
Thanks for both of your inputs. I just find it so sad the long term affects bullying can have on a kids mental health. For a kid to have developed an ulcer and not even hit high school yet, seems unnecessary and scary.