Why is Christmas such a magical moment to many?

In my own experience, Christmas Season is the holiday season that gives the most joy and excitement for me. Especially when I was young, there had been a lot of magical moments attached to it that I begin to wonder why this is so. Why does Christmas give such joy and excitement to a lot of people? Do you have a good idea why this is so? You could also share the opposite, if you felt that Christmas is not that exciting as they used to be and why.
@prashu228 (23339)
hi, Christmas , yes, excites me when i was in school.First thing, we used to get holidays, new dresses for Christmas and new year, home made special sweets, visiting grandmas home for celebration, Christmas gifts and many more. But now, its not very exciting as there are lot of tensions ,regarding career and all.
@asdomencil (4276)
Chirstmas is really magical since there are many fictional characters that believed to be alive. Santa Claus, Snowman, Grinch, Elves, Reindeers, etc. Christmas are really magical especially to kids. I grew up not celebrating Christmas since I grew up in a religion that does not celebrate Christmas, but now, I am experiencing the magical of the said season. In our home, I was the one who put up the Christmas tree with my son, decorating the house with lights, wrapping gifts which I never experienced before. In our country, Celebration of Christmas starts when the "ber" months starts.
@MandaLee (3695)
Yes, Christmas is a special time. As Christians, we celebrate Christ's birth. Christmas is a wonderful time of year to spend with family. Sadly, I also feel that the focus of Christmas has been lost due to the increased commercialization of the holiday.