what to decide.

October 17, 2012 1:56pm CST
Im working in private organisation.. my wife works in governmemt organisation which is 150 kms from my location.. it will take 4 to 5 hours of journey.. so travelling regularly between these two locations regularly as we have 3 yrs kid.. Due to this regular journey hardly Im getting 3 hours of time to sleep in bus.. Not sure what to decide.. I cant leave my kob as Im getting better pay.. she cant lea ve her job as it is secured job.. can someone suggest me what to decide...
3 people like this
10 responses
@estremms (324)
• Philippines
18 Oct 12
I think you should relocate. Live near an area where both you and your wife can go to work without having to travel for 3 hours. This way you both can save time and can rest properly too.
@Aitul13 (44)
• Romania
18 Oct 12
You can find a house nearer or find someone who can take care of your children! Another possibility is to look after a better job if you don't what do you do, but this isn't a secure solution!
• United States
18 Oct 12
Who ever lives the farther distance needs to find shelter near the job an stay there work nights and go home for the days they are not working and take care of the house and kids.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
18 Oct 12
Sometimes you have to sacrafice for awhile. I understand its hard on you. But if the money is good. You need to do it for awhile. maybe something better will open up for her.
@sq2108 (95)
• China
18 Oct 12
In this situation, i think you should find a house which is near to your or your wife's working place. As for this, one person between you and your wife can save much time to take care of your kids and do housework. And the other one spend much time on journey as before. However, it's only a temporary approach. 150km is so long. It may be in two different cities. So the best solution is you find a new job which is near to your wife.
@kokomo (1868)
• Philippines
18 Oct 12
Hello friend, I think your wife should find a job nearer in your home. It is impractical that she is working in a very far place and yet her only reason is she has that secured job.We do not know a better job is waiting for her just nearer your place. She should explore your place for your both convenience.
@Manasha (2308)
• Pondicherry, India
18 Oct 12
you have to search a job the place where your wife is working. She is in govt dept and therefore she cant leave her job. You can leave your job , even though lucrative.
@ARIES1973 (9541)
• Legaspi, Philippines
18 Oct 12
Hi spuliven! We are on the same situation. You know children will grow up eventually and one thing we should consider is to secure their future. For the meantime, you could hire someone to take care of your child while you are at work or you could ask assistance from your relatives so one of you, can stay on the place of work to minimize the expense you incurred for transportation. While the other can do a daily travel. Or you can decide to stay in the middle of both place so you could go home at less time.
@jenny1015 (13389)
• Philippines
18 Oct 12
You may want to look for a house that is much nearer to your work so that it could save you time in going to and from the office. I think that is the best solution. But if that would not be possible, maybe going home atleast during the weekend can solve your problem. That is if your wife will approve on that. The only thing is, you have to look for a place to stay near your office alone.
@subhojit10 (7382)
• India
17 Oct 12
Thanks for posting this discussion. Well i know u are very much tensed for the aforesaid situation and who would not be after all at the end of the day u are getting tired and are not able to spend good time with your family. What i can suggest u is to keep continuing your job and once u find that everything is settled and stable then u both can look out for a good job near your place. What say?