Smoking in front of your baby

Why do parents/others smoke in front of their children? They have the window rolled down just a little and they just puffing away then in the back seat you see a car seat with a baby or young child. Just today a lady was sitting at the bus stop and smoking, blowing the smoke over her head while a little girl sat right next to her. Does she not know that what goes up must come down? How do you all feel about people smoking over children?
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I think its just plain negelent for parents to do that..and If a parent were a decent parent they would not smoke in the presence of their child or any child. They should be arrested and made to take a class of some sort..I don't what kind but something to inconvenience them...and perhaps to teach them a lesson...
@subhojit10 (7382)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i feel extremely bad about that incident and i strongly feel that smoking should be heavily banned in the public places. I think whatever that lady did not only would have affected the health of that girl but also will give a picture of a bad habit of smoking in front of her. Elders have to be sensible enough to understand these things. What say?
@jenny1015 (13389)
That could be really annoying, indeed. I smoke, too. But I try not to breathe out smoke on my children. As much as possible, I do not smoke when they are around.
@seliokas (346)
• Lithuania
Hello, I think it's really unhealthy smoking near the children, i don't smoke, neither does my wife. But i see lots of parents smoke near their children, i don't like that. People who are surrounded my smokers usually have lung diseases and have a chance to get lung cancer too. Happy myLotting!
I think that there should be lessons given to smokers so that they can understand what little space for oxigen a car has. I don`t think that anyone should smoke in a car, even if they don`t have babies. Put it is not something to be enforced by laws, but taught to people. As for smoke comming down, it is not true. Smoke is lighter than normal air so it will go up (don`t worry about that).