Explain how good online or freelancing work

Malaysia
I want to ask you guys why do you choose online? Is it you need extra dollars and flexibility? How good do you find online work or freelancing? I am not interested anymore in 9 to 5 job as well as work under someone, but a little bit of extra cash here and there meets my need every month.
@aribdee (133)
Hi there! as for me, i choose online because at day time I am having my class. I like freelancing because I do things that I love and I can work anytime I want (Depending on my client though). Studying while earning little cash really rocks! :)
Yo, wongchoiyee! Me personally, I didn't have a choice but to go with online work since there's no jobs in my area. All employers have a certain code of whom they want working for their companies nowadays and the 'regular folk' for some odd reason just don't cut it. Working from home, you have to pace yourself and remain diligent & cautious. Extra money and flexibility remains key. Of course, to succeed, you need to treat any online business like it's your business. Nothing on the side or a hobby. A BUSINESS. Look for credentials (like a positive BBB rating) how many other people are signed to the company, etc. Do your research. Make your investment worth while.