Revolutionary Road

I just watched the 2008 movie of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet entitled revolutionary road. It is a great story and one thing I remember in some of the dialogues where this: "Plenty of people are on to the emptiness, but it takes real guts to see the hopelessness." and this one: "A man only gets a couple of chances in life. If he doesn’t grab them by the balls, it won’t be long before he’s sitting around wondering he got to be second rate." Fellow mylotters, what are your interpretation about this quotations? Good day!
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
I got curious by your discussion and never saw this two playing together again. The story is so sad! I read on wikipedia. I'm not really in the mood for drama, but when I watch this and another movie of Kate's with Ralph Fiennes will be first on my list. I understand that, the problem is that he isn't in a job he likes so there's no oportunity to grab from the balls there...
It seems that he was not happy with his job and still now, it seems that he does not figure out what he wants to do. He was offered with a great job opportunity so he was told that only few are given with chances so better grab it or you will end up regretting in the future.