Misery loves company...

@Arieles (2474)
We have all heard the expression misery loves company. People go through a lot in life, and tonight I learned something new, well it's something I knew but really didn't think about it until I read it for the second time through. When we go through a difficult time, we learn to care for others. Misery can teach us to have empathy and compassion. It's hard to relate to someone unless you've been there, in the same position as someone else. You can really empathize with what they are going through. So, misery is bittersweet. What's your view on misery?
There are people who don't want anything good in their life. they want the bad feeling to follow them all their lives. they live to make others feel down in life like they are.
@Arieles (2474)
These are those self sabatogers, that can say, "see I told you it wouldn't work!" because being miserable is a lot easier than expecting or receiving success or being happy.
That is why they will never be happy in life as well. terrible to be honest.
@Arieles (2474)
You are so right Gifts. I am so happy that in general, I am a happy person. I have bad days, and go through bad times, but I can wake up each morning on a new day and I'm just that: happy
You're right. Misery loves company. I guess we can't avoid experiencing misery sometimes. When we are able to overcome it and people experience what we've been through, we know what they're feeling. We do everything we could to help them overcome it. We express our sympathy. Misery is indeed bittersweet. Thanks for sharing.
@Arieles (2474)
Agreed, it is a wise friend that will help another to overcome their grief in a time of need. Thank you for responding Angel
True friends are always there for each other. If one is sad, the other does everything he or she could to help the other and vise versa. My pleasure to respond here. We can also get sympathy from our loved ones. Let's not forget them.
@Micmac (8523)
That's a good view of misery. It certainly is a two-fold meaning to deal with. Sometimes misery is so disheartening and unbearable. Then again, after we've coped with the problems, we can relate to someone else who is battling the same kind of misery we went through. Misery can bond people as we grow and understand each other's problems and triumphs. It may be a sweet, bitter, painful experience, but the rewards are that we become well equip with extending comfort and reaching out to others who have been in our place.
@Arieles (2474)
Spot on Micmac
@edvc77 (2143)
Misery breaks one heart and makes us humble. We become mature as well and understand some people. It can really teach us many things though it is really painful. Have a nice day!
@Arieles (2474)
Misery is painful, but you are right it teaches us to be compassionate, empathetic and understanding. It is also a very humbling experience. Thank you for responding to this post edvc.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
I agree, if we have gone through a hard time, it can help us to be more understanding towards others. What you say is correct, misery is bittersweet. Sometimes, we can be more helpful towards others when we understand what they really need. I am more understanding towards families with loved ones in the military because I now have two sons in the military. My heart really goes out to the military families and I support the military families more so than I did before. I agree that when we go through a difficult time, we can indeed learn to care for others.
@Arieles (2474)
It is especially important to be able to empathize with families who have brothers, fathers, Uncles and cousins who have gone off to war. They have been left without someone who plays a very important role in their lives. This is a time for community to come together, and be of service to those in need. Thank you for responding ZoeJoy.
In retrospect, people vent to others because they need to in order to feel better/worse about themselves. It could be for a one time thing, and hopefully the next couple days they'd have a good vibe about them. For others, they just keep that bag of misery with them like it's the best thing on Earth and expect us to just comment on that! It's like buying an expensive pair of shoes! You have to show it off! Not me, I'm shy. If I don't want people to know, I won't let them know. I keep it to myself unless I need to get it out.
@Arieles (2474)
I think it's okay to vent, healthy even, not sure where I read it, but we have to be like a coke bottle that has fallen, when you open it you open it up a little at a time so it won't explode. Life is like that too, people do need to vent and let off some steam, otherwise if they don't they could really explode, snap or what have you and then things could really get out of hand. I keep to myself pretty much most of the time, and I have nothing to show off, I'm not shy..I'm just here.