My laptop gave up the ghost

Jamaica
my laptop made it through hurricane Sandy, survived the two weeks of no-internet post Sandy and then just died on me. I haven't been so frustrated and fed up in a long time. But guess what, I started doing more gardening, (good exercise) more housework, (cleaner house, still not spotless but close) started to read more, (found some great books) played with the grandchildren, ( just a little more, I play with them all the time) and got out of the house more, ( people that I hadn't seen for a long time realized that I was still alive!) Well, my husband gifted me with another one and I have gone back to the old story, sitting in front of it 24/7 and everything is back to normal.
@MsTickle (24991)
I find what you have described here a really strange phenomenon...yes, I have also experienced this. Why can we be so motivated to sit here hour after hour accomplishing little? I have so many other things needing to be done but I continue to sit here, basically doing nothing...'cept gaining weight.
@galileo2008 (1140)
It's sad to know what you have been through after hurricane Sandy. I know how it feels not to have your laptop with you as it's a very important tool for me to use everyday. But the positive side is that you have done a couple of things in a day. I think all of us need to have a break at least once a week, the time when we just simply turn all gadgets off and just spend the moment with our family, friends, and neighbors. For me it's like having a life outside the internet world. :-)
Last month I went without a laptop for a week. and then my man bought me a new one to use. I a so glad to have a new laptop that I now want to buy him one as well. he has not used mine since i bought it and has the very old one I have used prior to my last one.