Virginia Women's Music Fest

At the close of the AR Womyn's Natural Healing Arts Fest, one of the world-renowned drummers mentioned she was headed to the Virginia Women's Music Fest. She thought I might enjoy that festival, as well. When I called the number she gave me, they were excited to have me join them, and there was even a work opportunity as a gate monitor, handing out wristbands to new arrivals. As a staff member, my identification was a gorgeous leaf-printed bandana that I could wear anywhere on my person. I pitched my tent as quickly as possible right against the woman-made lake. It was great to be able to dip my toes in the water without getting up. At the front gate, everyone was so excited to be arriving and welcoming the arrivals. I only had to work two-hour shifts to pay my way. There was a concessions stand, with more mainstream food than the AR fest's vegetarian fare. Coffee, hamburgers and hot dogs, more like. There was a dance floor pavilion, where a couple from the Carolinas, who were award-winning professional dancers and instructors for a living, gave an exhibition of the latest steps. They were magical to watch. Then there was the bandstand, with the most wonderful musicians I've ever heard. Last, but not least, there was a Massage Tent, with a team of professional natural healers in attendance. When I had first applied to join that team, they were already booked. While I was there, a vacancy opened up, and I was able to earn enough money for my trip home. Great memories! Hope to go again sometime.
@elsino91 (443)
• Poland
That sounds so fun! And it was all a coincidence too, you only happened to meet that drummer. Although I'm a guy (the name suggests its a womens-only even but I can't be sure)I would have really loved to go to something like that, especially because you get a great experience from it as well as being able to work and earn enough for your trip back. Sounds great.
Welcome, elsino, and thanks for joining in on this thread. There were many coincidences that summer, it was wonderful. She was even from my homestate, if you can imagine. Yes, that event is women only. Being able to work my way through and home was really great. Peace!