Where would Y&R be without the old stuck in the elevator gimmick

@stealthy (8188)
Once again Y&R uses the stuck in the elevator gimmick to throw two people together. This time it was Lily and Tyler. They used it to have Jack help deliver Summer when he was stuck with Phyllis. There have been so many others that I can't remember or list them. Can't the writers come up with something original.
I am so upset about this because it looks like they don't want anyone to be in a happy relationship. and what is going to with lauren and her husband is just going to be messy. I should stop watching it like my mother. she is so pissed with the show.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I agree...why can't they ever let couples be happy? Why do they have to trash them all? And then they marry everyone up to each other...nearing the end here and nearly everyone has been married to everyone else! Ashley and Victor and Victoria and Nicki, Jack...they have all been married so many times and some to each other and it is just getting sickening now. Let Michael and Lauren be happy, Billy and Victoria be happy...wish they had let Adam and Chelsea be happy and marry victor and Nicki off to each other AGAIN and LET IT BE!!!!!!!
@coffeebreak (17820)
I know! What a worn out scene! And they have Lily and Cane probably end up splitting up...LIly with Tyler and Cane with Chelsea. How stupid.I know soaps are just mindless chatter anyway, but come on...all anyone does is cheat on each other...talk about boring!