Aching Hips.. i can't even explain

@lady1993 (20400)
March 6, 2013 6:11am CST
My mm has been having back pains, well, more concentrated on the left side of the hip. She finds it painful to stand and sit down, i don't really know how bad it is but sh really looks like she's in a lot of pain. So i just do the house work for her when i'm not in school. I just bought medicine for her- a tablet called diclofenac sodium... Can anyone suggest better medicine?
10 responses
@squallming (1776)
• Malaysia
23 Mar 13
It is best for you to bring your mother to the hospital for a full body check. Only then the doctor would be able to diagnose what is wrong with your mother. Although there are pain killers and other medicine available out there, they are not meant to be taken for all kinds of situation and they surely cannot cure or treat the condition. Don't wait any longer or the situation will get worse.
@leateagee (3667)
• China
7 Mar 13
We may have different suggestions here for you to do but the thing that stands out is to seek medical help. Let the proper people or professionals handle your worries. Better see a doctor soon than be sorry for making it worst. Don't think of little money you'll spend now ... Because if it becomes worst it's not just big money but also your time will be sacrifice because you have to take care of you her.
@FrugalMommy (1447)
• United States
7 Mar 13
Diclofenac sodium by itself doesn't do much for my pain. I get a few hours of relief when I take it with Tramadol but none of the pills I've taken has made the pain go away completely. I just got a TENS unit and that seems to work pretty well. I'm not taking as many pills now as I was. Your mom is really going to have to work with her doctor to figure out what's causing her pain and find a medication that works to relieve it. Sometimes physical therapy can help, too. I think she'll probably need to have some sort of imaging like an MRI or x-ray done to help figure out what's causing her pain. Hope she's able to start feeling better soon.
@SJ112760 (132)
• United States
6 Mar 13
Lady1993 maybe your Mom need to get a MRI on her hip. I'm 52 years old I had my right hip replaced on April 17th 2012. My hip still hurt. I was in a lot of pain before my surgery. I still have pain but not as bad. So get her a MRI.
@Raine38 (9193)
• United States
6 Mar 13
There could be lots of reasons for the pain, from simple strained muscles to something more severe than only a specialist can correctly diagnose. I am with the rest of the mylotters in suggesting that it is best to consult a doctors immediately. Some medicines may not be any effective or worse, might even agitate her condition.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
6 Mar 13
The best way I can suggest is to see a Doctor. I'm sure there is something wrong that need to be treated ASAP. Giving meds with out the doctor's prescription is very dangerous because you will never know if you are giving the right medicine. Go bring her to a doctor.
@Tushavi (2078)
• Karachi, Pakistan
6 Mar 13
first of all talk to a doctor, also it depends on your mm's age??? If she is aged advice her to take a soup of chicken or mutton...
@thanks1961 (7046)
• India
6 Mar 13
Hi, I suggest that please don't go with people to ask for a medicine. Ok, some people may be using some kind of medicine for the same type of illness. But all depend on what type, how aged, the weight of the person, the previous medical history, etc. will be also considered for medical prescriptions and a body check up is also a compulsory factor. So, if you mm is fat in nature, there are chances for the same and reduce weight may help to reduce the paind. And also, if she is suffering pain from a long time, you require to provide the medication as per the doctor's prescription only. Any way, some pain bam or keep rest also would help for temporary relaxation. Regards
• Philippines
6 Mar 13
Why not go to the laboratory clinic and have her an x-ray to analyze thoroughly her pain if not buy a neurobion for her or dolo neurobion both are vitamins for the viens. But if symptom persist consult your doctor.
@blackrusty (3530)
• Mexico
6 Mar 13
although there are way to meds out there for one to try a better thing to do is get her to a doctor as it maybe something more then you both may know and better to be safe then sorry and it is nice of you to help keep the home chorers done for her