Do women that carry heavy handbags on their shoulder suffer from bad posture?

I maybe wrong on this one, but then again… I could be right. From what I’ve observed, women that carry heavy handbags on their shoulder do slouch a lot more than women that don’t’ carry a handbag. Ours is a big family and all my female cousins that carry heavy handbags on their shoulder do not have the best posture. However, female cousins that carry a small purse in their hand have excellent posture. Have I nailed it on this one? Feel free to add few more nails to my coffin.
@1wldngl (3996)
My chiropractor actually suggested that I start carrying a smaller purse as it really can affect your neck and back and put your whole spine out of whack. So...you're theory is really not that far off.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't like to carry my purse around my shoulder. i would rather carry it by the straps, but then sometimes it does seem like it is heavy that way, and I don't have all that much in it either. The first thing i do when I get in a store, is grab a cart, and put it where the kids sit, that way, I take the weight off my hands and shoulders. I seem to carry big purses, and that might be why, but i like big ones so I can put more things into it if I need them. Take care, and have a great day.
@1wldngl (3996)
@rosekiss LOL...that's too funny. My fiancee does that for me. I have had severe issues with my shoulders and he knows carrying my purse is hard on me.