legal assistance.

November 23, 2006 5:22pm CST
I am on a limited VA disability income of $800 a month. The VA is currently paying child support from deductions directly from my paycheck. I owe back child support from when I was jobless and homeless. I am currently living in Mexico as it is the only place I can live on that income. I need a passport to live here after 2007. I can not get a passport because I owe back child support. Is there anyway I can get my back support reduced or erased?
1 response
@sedel1027 (17854)
• United States
24 Nov 06
The only person that can do this is the parent of your child. If the money was court ordered, they may not be able to have this changed depending on what state put the order in fir the deduction. Depending on who put the deduction on your VA money, it may take awhile for the issue to be cleared even after going to court.