Do you have any hobbies?

ABC baby blanket
@rosekiss (30276)
Eugene, Oregon
My hobbies are craft projects, mainly knitting and crocheting. I also do counted cross stitch, and going to do punch needle again. When I first started knitting and crocheting, I taught myself by buying how to books, and following them step by step to learn the different stitches that might be used. Most of the things I have done is crochet baby things for expectant mothers. I gained an enormous blessing by doing for others, and they were blessed by me doing for them. Hobbies give me something to do when I am not on here, and while I am watching tv. Hobbies also let me work with my hands as I enjoy doing that as well.
yes I like to read but also enjoy doing puzzles, like crosswords, etc.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do puzzles as well, as I have a lot of puzzle books. I dont read all that much, except for the bible as I read it everyday. I love to knit and crochet, as I love making things.
@Micmac (8081)
@rosekiss I like reading the Bible too. I wish I could knit and crochet but I don't have the talent. On the other hand, my mother is a terrific at crocheting. She crochets pillow covers, blankets and pot holders.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Micmac crocheting really isn't that hard to learn. I taught myself, and if I can do it, any one can.
@Porcospino (16636)
• Denmark
I love knitting, but I have never learned to crochet. I would like to learn it one day. I have many different hobbies. I read a lot and I spend a lot of time online. I write short stories and poems. I like to draw and paint, and I have also done some decoupage. I love music. I listen to many different types of music and I play the keyboard. My pets are also one of my hobbies: We have a cat, a dog, a guinea pig and 5 rabbits.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Wow, you have a lot of hobbies. i find that hobbies are soothing, and give me something to do espeically if I am down about sonething. The hobbies will make me feel better. I also have two dogs, and they are my kids you could say.
@Porcospino (16636)
• Denmark
@rosekiss It is great to have hobbies. Right now my husband and I are renovating our new house and I don't have much time for my hobbies, but I am sure that will change in the future.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Porcospino Sounds like you will be keeping busy for awhile. That is why I have hobbies, as I lieve alone, and they help with the loneliness as well.
@rakski (11996)
I love cross stitching. I used to do that during my single years. I also love baking and reading novels.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't do a lot of cross stitching, but when I do, it is counted cross stitch, which can be very time consuming and tedious. I work on it for awhile, then put it down, to do something else, as I can't do it continuously.
@rakski (11996)
@rosekiss oh yes, they are very time consuming but nevertheless I enjoy them.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@rakski I do too, but I haven't cross stitched in quite awhile. I might do some this winter possibly, but then I have other projects i want to do as well.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
I love to read, knit (though I can only do simple projects, crochet (same thing), watch old movies, watch and feed birds, and walk in the woods. I live alone and am never bored!
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Since I live alone as well, I find that knitting and crocheting relaxex me. I tagught myself how to knit and crochet, at the age of 18, and i have been doing them every since.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@rosekiss I love to knit while I'm watching TV. I found a super easy pattern for knit hats a few years ago, and I think I've made a couple hundred of them so far. Gave them all away to family, friends, and charities.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Raelove Wow, that is really neat. You always feel good when you have helped others. I know I do. I am knitting socks with double pointed needles, which I have never used before, so I will see how it goes, and so far so good.
Not really just walking, tv, and myLot.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Well, you know, mylot can be considered a very good hobby. We are making money after all, so a very good hobby at that. I love mylot.
@Micmac (8081)
@TiarasOceanView Those are three interesting hobbies. I have to agree with @rosekiss - myLot is a worthwhile hobby and so much fun.
@Micmac Hi Miki
My hobbies used to be knitting and crocheting and sewing a bit. Not anymore because of arthritis in my fingers. But I do practice my piano, walk, read, play chess and computer.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I du knitting and crochet in my spare time. Mostly I will do it at night while wathing netflix or tv as it really relaxes me. I haven't been doing it in the day time though, but I might in the winter as it will be colder, and the yan won't seem sticky and it won't make me itch. During the summer it was just to hot and unbearrable to work with yarn.
@Drosophila (16717)
I have quite a few hobbies. My biggest hobbie is my work though. I am happiest when am productive.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
My hobbies are what keep me busy, since I am retired. I like working with my hands, and they definitely keep my hands busy.
I have several hobbies among them knitting and crocheting. Do you know that you can find interesting step by step videos on YouTube? There are interesting projects.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do watch videos of knitting and crocheting on youtube. There is certainly a lot of information there, and I use it alot.
I'm afraid I've never been any good at things like that. My hobby is gardening - I love to see things that I've planted grow.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I used to have a garden, but where I live now,there is no room for a garden. Garden produce does taste good, that is for sure.
@kevin1877uk (36974)
My hobbies have turned into making money for me, photography and knitting. I do love running/jogging
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
You have servel hobbies too, I see, and knitting is one of them.That is so cool. I applaud men that are willing to take up the hobby. I guess you can say that mylot is a hobby, but a different one in the fact that we earn from it. Most hobbies, we just do in our leisure time, and they are just for our personal lives.
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
My hobbies include fishing, photography, herping and making money online.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Those are great hobbies. I forgot to add on mine that I earn online too, although not a lot and I am not getting rich doing so, but I am having the time of my life just the same.
@simone10 (21664)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Mine are mainly crafts too. I also enjoy crocheting, scrapbooking, jewelery making, sewing and cross stitching.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do cross stitching too, counted crooss stitching which is very tedious and time consuming. Now that I have had my cararacts removed, I should be able to do it much easier now.
@Micmac (8081)
I have lots of hobbies. My main ones are art drawing, writing mystery stories, blogging, cooking, fishing, playing computer games, chess, solitaire, reading detective/mystery books.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
You sure do have a lot of hobbies, and that is great as it keeps your hands and mind occupied. that is one reason why I do my cratts as well.
@birjudanak (7155)
i like to put chair and tables proper so someone come then its look good,generally when anyone get up after sitting they not put chair at right place and leave it at that place where they seated so i put it properly and in one queue so it look good and attractive, i also like to make frame from wast things and put inside my photos its look really different and more fancy.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
It sounds like you have a very good hobby. It sounds like you enjoy your hobby, as I really enjoy my hobby, as well.
@rosekiss i always thinking that lets try something new do and enjoy them while doing it because we always feel happy while we do our choice work.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@birjudanak I know I do. I enjoy crocheting a lot as I have made different things since I have been crocheting. I get enjoyiment from making things, whether they are for me or someone esle. I do some knitting too, but I do lots more crocheting, as it goes faster and easier for me to do.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I really don't have any "REAL" hobbies " that I like doing that don't cost money so I'm working on a few things that I can do to MAKE the money it takes to do them
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I like making things for others, as the photo I posted shows. I had made that alphabet blanket for a newborn in our church. The mother was so appreciative of it too. I never charge anything, as it is my personal ministry of the church to make layettes for newborns. I enjoy doing it, and havve never nor will I ever ask money for them.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@rosekiss that's awesome that you have that talent to do such thing for others like that & they really appreciate it too.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@sugartoes I taught myself how to crochet, from a learn how book. It was confusing at first, but I finally did get how to crochet, as there are lots of stitches to learn. I enjoy crocheting very much, as I prefer it over knitting.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'd say my main hobbies (right now) are music and making things out of wood.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Those are very nice hobbies. Making things to me is a special thing as homemade items seem to be moore wanted then what you buy in the stores. When ou make things you put our crafsmanship into them, and they will end up looing even better tha what you buy from the manuafacture.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@rosekiss I like to think that's true. I haven't really tried selling my little sound hole coasters, but I've made decent money refinishing vintage loudspeakers.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@TheHorse See, your hobby is making money, and that is so cool. I have never evedr sold anything I have made, alothough I have been told, that I could make good money if i did. I just do it because I get enjoyment from doing it, and not really to sell what I make.
@resuri (116)
• Manila, Philippines
I never tried knitting before. You have done a wonderful job. You are good in what you do. It's a nice hobby My hobby is reading romance novel in a coffee shop like Starbucks. I like the mix love novels with hot coffee.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for saying so. I try, but I am not as good as others are. I do love making things though, as I give them to others as gifts.
@resuri (116)
• Manila, Philippines
@rosekiss How sweet is that. If I am in the US, I should come and check all your works. I am sure I will love it. It is perfect for Christmas presents as well
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@resuri The things I have made, are given to expectant mothers, and they sure do appreciate it when I do that for them. I have been blessed so much by ehlping others, and I want to be able to continue doing so.
@sofssu (14467)
I have never learned knitting or crochet. I do all other kinds of crafts when I am not online. I love to paint, do gardening, sew clothes and stuff. I love making clay flowers.. air dry clay.. They keep me really busy. I write when I am not doing any of these. I love writing poetry.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do other crafts too, but knitting and crocheting, are always the ones I will end up going back to, when I want something to do.
@sofssu (14467)
@rosekiss I wish I had learned those.. I used to admire my moms knotting and crochet skills. I am more at peace when I am in my garden. I don't watch TV either.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@sofssu I watch tv since I live alone and I don't have anyone to talk to. I do that while coming in here, and at night, I will knit while watching tv. They both seem to relax me.
I have several interests and gardening tops the list. It is for that reason alone we shifted from the city to a semi rural town where we bought land so that my passion for gardening could find a place.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
That is great that you are able to keep doing your passion of gardening. I never was good at it, but I did like the fruits of my labors, as the veggies are so good, in fact better than would I would buy in the store.
@rosekiss I had a business designing landscaped gardens which I gave up after we shifted here. It is hard work.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@allknowing Yes it certainly is hard work. I know I couln't do it, and woldn't even try. I enjoy doing my hobbies, as they give me pleaure, and they relax me.
@chiwasaki (4661)
As of now, I do not know any particular hobbies of my kid as he is still very young. But I will observe what he really likes and I will make sure to support it.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
it is great that you want to be there for your son, and whatever he wants to do, you will support him. My son never has done any hobbies, but my daughter is taking after me, as she is crocheting. I taught her when she was younger, and she really caught o fast, and has since made a lot of things, for the different holidays, and right now, she is making things for Christmas to give as gifts. Handmade items always go over big.