Dolphins Come in Pink?

pink dolphin
Austin, Texas
Holler back if you remember the old TV shop "Flipper". I would have watched it even more if Flipper was pink! But he was a male dolphin so people might have said he was queer. "Pinky" - a female dolphin - was actually spotted by Rue, a Louisiana boat captain, in 2007. But! Here's the good news. "Recently Rue said he witnessed Pinky mating. If that's true and she becomes pregnant, what color will her calves be?" More pink dolphins??? Yes! Oh my! The beauty we can find under the sea!
Captain Erik Rue believes that 'Pinky' is one of the world's only dolphins with this color pigmentation.
I have seen the photo online today. This pink dolphin is so cute.
I thought Flipper was a porpoise ? because if I am not mistaken they are slightly different , right ?
• Austin, Texas
Yes. There is a difference. But to answer your question … I don't know! Always thought Flipper was a dolphin. Never asked anybody if he wasn't.
Dolphins and porpoises differ in their faces, fins, and body shapes
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
The thought of pink dolphins is quite fascinating.
• Austin, Texas
Yes indeed. Can't wait to hear the report when the baby dolphins are born!
I haven't seen pink dolphin ,even haven't seen them in the sea myself .I live far away from the sea .However we have black finless porpoise here in the Yangtze River .
• Austin, Texas
I live far away from the seas as well. When I lived in Florida it was much easier to get to the ocean. Kind of miss that. In Austin, Texas, we're landlocked unless you count the lake and the flooding.
@tessastv (275)
• Inverness, Scotland
I've never imagined there would exist pink ones. She's absolutely adorable! Fingers crossed for more pink dolphins in the future.
• Austin, Texas
You know I'm kind of hoping to see some more pink dolphins too!
@LeaPea2417 (21940)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I remember the show "Flipper" and I did watch a few episodes as a kid. And I saw that article about the rare pink dolphin and it amazed me because I had never ever heard that a dolphin could be pink!
@ria1606roy (2847)
• Kolkata, India
Never seen a pink dolphin before....this is amazing!
• Austin, Texas
I'll wager this planet has lots and lots of wonders under the sea.
• Kolkata, India
@cmoneyspinner totally! The world is still a huge treasure trove for secrets.
• Calgary, Alberta
There is a species of Pink dolphins in a river in China. Sadly they are now extinct.
• Austin, Texas
Extinct? That's awful!! China could have made a fortune turning them into a tourist attraction. Oh well!
• Calgary, Alberta
@cmoneyspinner From what I remember, poaching and pollution is the reason.
I remember flipper. I have never seen a pink dolphin. That is really cool.
@Marcyaz (35606)
Yep I do remember the Flipper program as it was one of my favorites. A female dolpin who is pink now that is something I would love to see.
She really is beautiful CMoney! I have never seen a dolphin let alone a pink dolphin. Yes that is a good question wonder wot color the calves would be. A mixed litter maybe dont know if dolphins have one, two, or more babies at a time?