A New Goal, A New Hope

@rakski (8367)
Hello everyone! I am not here for the past days. This is because I am not feeling good and I am nervous too. Nervous because I am experiencing some symptoms of something I do not know. And it is hard to think and think about it. Though it is gone now, I am still giving it a few days to have myself check because I am still waiting for my monthly period. But due to this experience, I have done a lot of thinking. My kids are still young and my husband cannot take care of them all alone so I decided to take care of my body more. To be more physically and spiritually well. And for this, I set a new goal for my life. I have to lose 40 lbs before I turn 40 years old early next year. That gives me 5 months. And as they say, life begins at 40. And a lot of this that you usually feel are aging and symptoms of getting old. And I do not want that. So I a hoping for the new healthy me next year! Wish me all luck!
What is your approach to losing weight? they say exercising is far better than dieting. Dieting will make you lose weight in all the wrong places.
@rakski (8367)
I started my little step today. Yes, I think exercise with proper diet will work for all of us. I started the walk a mile exercise. and also I plan to eat less rice and more veggies. I hope and pray that it will work.
@rakski a balanced diet is what is recommended.And once in a way spoiling oneself is permitted I love chocolates.
@rakski (8367)
@allknowing I love chocolates and this is one big temptation for me. Right now, I am trying to balance everything. Hope it will go well.
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
I am glad that you're feeling better. Your health goals sound like a good strategy.
@rakski (8367)
thank you. I really hope I can do it.
@Tita417 (1238)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yap get your health perked up .
@rakski (8367)
@Tita417 thanks so much and I hope that I will not have any more illnesses
@Tita417 (1238)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's a great goal. You should take care of your health coz you still have young ones. Stay cool
@rakski (8367)
yes, thank you. And yes I am thinking of my kids that is also part of the reason I want to be healthy. I want to see them grow.
@Tita417 (1238)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rakski mothers are all for their kids future stay cool
@rakski (8367)
@Tita417 yes, thank you very much. I think every mother's goal is to see their kids grow nicely.
@Missmwngi (9583)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Health first. I wish you all the best. With 5 months it means you have to loose like 8lbs each month. Nothing is impossible,go for it
@rakski (8367)
thank you thank you. I hope I can get there. This is my motivation now and I do not want to have more health problems in the future.
wow, good for you, I was trying to loss weight ever since, but its hard to stick on my diet I always have cheat day. LoL..
@rakski (8367)
Yes, it is really tough. I am still struggling now. I am not sure if I lose weight already but I am establishing my discipline first on food and exercising everyday. For a week now, I have not eaten rice for dinner.
@rakski that's good on you. I always told myself not to take rice on dinner but sometimes I felt so hungry and can't go on the night without some rice.. now I'm trying boxing for an hour, hope it helps in losing weight before Christmas.
@rakski (8367)
@Katriona_22 for sure it will help. I am just exercising here at home. and hopefully lessen the rice
Yes, do it while you can . It's hard to age and be fat . Being fat triggers a lot of sickness actually . So good luck.
@rakski (8367)
oh yes, I know. I somehow feel the difference when I weigh less than now not only physically but the state of health. That is my reason for losing weight. to be healthy.
@rakski We should always do what we have to do in order to stay healthy indeed !.
@rakski (8367)
@SIMPLYD yes, I agree with you. Stay healthy!
@sofssu (14493)
40 lbs in 5 months is not very practical unless you go through rigorous routine of exercise and diet. Do it slowly and steadily. Best wishes to you.
@rakski (8367)
thank you, yes I realized that too. But right now, I am trying to make it as a goal
I wish you the best of health as long as you know what foods will keep you in perfect weight for your height, without being susceptible to any cancer, and fully aware of all the pollutants around you to keep your immune system in check !
@rakski (8367)
oh yes, thank you. I try to eat lot of fruits and veggies recently and lessen my rice especially at dinner. It is a staple food for us here. I am also disciplining myself to exercise everyday.
• Preston, England
hope your diet goes well for you and your anxieties go away soon
@rakski (8367)
@arthurchappell I hope so too. Really am hoping.
Forty lbs in 5 months it's not an easy goal, but it can be done.
@rakski (8367)
Yes I am hoping I can do that.
@amnabas (9966)
• Karachi, Pakistan
That's a good plan we caretakers need to be fit to look after our dear ones.
@rakski (8367)
oh yes, very much we have to take care of ourselves too.
I do wish you luck, that's quite a goal - 40 lbs will take some shifting.
@rakski (8367)
yes, I know it is quite some goal but I hope I will get there. I am just thinking that my health should get better when I am 40 than in most of my friends that when they turn 40, they felt a lot of health problems
@wiLLmaH (8226)
• Singapore, Singapore
Do it. discipline and patience is the key.