That morning face

Image Pixaby
Why does one's face look so bad in the morning? Or maybe it's just mine. After a good night's sleep shouldn't one wake up looking refreshed? If my self esteem depended on the morning face I would have none. Luckily the "morning face" doesn't hang around all day. What is your morning face like?
• Denmark
As bad as yours. I'm not a morning person. I'm grumpy in the morning. So how can I have a happy face?
I am always amazed at those movies that show people getting out of bed all attractive and cheery.
• Denmark
@Freelanzer Watch out the next time. Many women in films are also made up and have combed hair when they get out of bed.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Freelanzer That is in the movies and reality shows . . . I wonder how Donald Trump and Florina look when they wake up in the morning!
puffy eyes mostly. thankfully i don't pay much mind to my appearance 'n 'm blessed with near-sightedness. i jest don't look in the mirror 'fter i put'n my specks
• Calgary, Alberta
Try to look on the mirror as soon as you got up from bed! Especially when you are in your 50's! You will see the difference.
@antonbunot I hear you and I hate that mirror above the sink
@crazyhorseladycx (3622) Puffy eyes is a big one and if you must go to the bathroom it is not easy to avoid the mirror
@srisahara (4097)
Hmm... having good morning face is an easy way. Try to start go to bed with some relaxing like wash and clean your face, make some whises and pray to wake up with a good feeling in the morning. One important thing is try to make your sleep as a way to get rest.
I will certainly take your advice and see if it changes my morning face
• Calgary, Alberta
I think the best thing to do is . . we should not look at our face on the mirror upon waking up in the morning. We have to shower right away . . warm bath to stimulate the flow of blood to our body especially our face . . . that will eliminate the early morning "scarecrow" face!
@antonbunot Good idea, but it is tough when the first thing you do is enter the bathroom and there is a mirror just above the sink.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I look a little bleary-eyed when I wake up, but after that firt cupof coffee and a shower, I'm ready to roll. Especially if I've had a good night's sleep.
A good night's sleep does help I suppose. True, it gets better after you are fully awake.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Freelanzer I feel better after I put my baseball hat on as well. It may be my male equivalent of "makeup."
@TheHorse Could be because the makeup works wonders for me too
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Almost sounds like the sleep has glued you eye shut, the coffee isn't brewing, and your not one that likes to step out of bed on a cold floor. All in all joking hope you know this one.
Not really but it is funny even though none of those are true
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
@Freelanzer I know what you were talking about. After 50 you start looking too close in the mirror and all of a sudden wrinkles start appearing or bag start to sag under your eyes. You wonder what is that really me now? I think like this some mornings.
@SHOHANA (7104)
• Bangladesh
my morning face is refreshed and i sleep well all night long
• Pleasant Hill, California
I sleep well too. Not sure why.
I am a night owl by choice, I would rather be doing things than sleep. Could explain a lot
Maybe your morning face needs a cup of coffee. I typically wake happy and refreshed. I do have my days though when my morning face isn't all that great.
I guess I am just not a morning person plus I am a night owl and typically I keep a very late bedtime
@simone10 (22246)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I don't usually look in the mirror when I first get up but I'm sure I still look very sleepy.
Good for you. This morning I avoided the mirror
• Chennai, India
Yup, mornings are always hectic. Sometimes you would just need to slow down the pace of activities that happen in the morning. May practising yoga , exercising can make your mind calm & feel good.
I guess that could help - yoga first then look in the mirror
Beautiful and that is probably because I rarely used or use make up and only wash it with soap and water, occasionally use Witch Hazel to tighten pores and make the skin fresh !
I rarely use makeup too and I like my face any other time but the mornings.
@antonbunot (9533)
• Calgary, Alberta
LOL . . not just you, me, too! As soon as I woke up in the morning I go to the bathroom right away and wash my face and comb my hair. . I look like a scarecrow!
I am beginning to think I don't need a mirror in the bathroom but then I share it.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Lol! i usually gets refreshed while gettingb up. Maybe you didn't ha a great sleep, my friend.
I know as a fact I don't get enough sleep, too much to do
@kevin1877uk (36298)
Good question, no idea to why though sorry.
@scheng1 (24889)
I always am too blur to notice anything in the morning. I will take a shower, have breakfast before looking at my face since i have to put on sunscreen. By then, I think I have freshened up somehow.
I don't even look in the mirror until after I've had my coffee. I don't want to scare myself