Hot Or Not?

I was just checking the list of HOT discussions a few minutes ago. From what I can see, those discussions do not seem any hotter than the other ones. So why are they listed as HOT? What are the criteria for making it on the HOT list? Are they there because of the "likes" count? Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks,
@PhredWreck (6051)
'Hot' have the most responses in the past 24 hours, 'Top Rated' have the most likes
• Bucharest, Romania
So, the Lamb is always able to enlighten us. Did you know that we now can see if someone suggests our posts? Do you remember that I made a post about this in the past, Lamb?
@Cristi_Ichim I think that has always been a choice in notifications.
• Bucharest, Romania
@PhredWreck Really?
I assume that discussions can be 'hot' and 'top rated' at the same time so they occupy both lists -
I have no idea how this works, but I see that @PhredWreck knows. Thanks for the answer, now I also know.
@garymarsh6 (14404)
I have not seen this yet I must check it out!
First, Happy Birthday and I have noticed that too. I am not sure why they are hot, they don't seem any hotter than any others.
Thanks for the wishes. I thought "HOT' meant something "really" interesting.
@marlina I have not found it to be so lol
I'm pleased to have got the answers via your comments. I've noticed that all three lists are often the same.
I should go and check out the hot discussions,For now I am going to sleep.
I just checked. There is no logic that i could understand. Even those with 3 likes are listed there. We as a community have no information on how this works and it is wrong to speculate. .
@dodoazo (21035)
Yes, that is what triggers my mind too on what the bases or criteria for considering a post as hot. It is just synonymous to interesting because of likes and responses. Isn't it?
• Pleasant Hill, California
I sure can't enlighten you. I noticed the same thing the other day. A couple of "hot" posts had like two "likes" and maybe three comments.
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@marlina,Right.And I have yet another question.Where is the dividing line between 'hot','top rated' and 'interesting' discussions?
Hot is the most responses, Top is the most likes, Interesting is discussions with the same tags as tags you have used before
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@PhredWreck Wow!! Thanks a lot.Now I'll remember.Thanks again.You have explained it so clearly.
@epiffanie (10408)
I haven't checked those 'hot' discussions yet ..
@sofssu (14448)
Yes I guess so.. The number of likes makes them hot. IO don't find them all so hot anyways.
@vickyrose (2016)
• Canberra, Australia
I don't even know where to look for these 'hot' and 'top rated' discussions...must explore more.
I am not convinced why a post is hot. I just went through that tab and those with as low as 3 likes are also listed there. I give up.
I didn't know the answer but do now. There is always someone on here who seems able to help.
@zebra2222 (5171)
I think I'm still in the cold sector. I need to warm up my postings.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
It has to do with the number of responses from what I was told when I ask this same question the first few days on the site. Interesting is my tags, and hot is comments.
@Teep11 (7120)
I don't have a clue. I would like to know. If you find out let us know. I'm sure a lot of members have that question.
Is that like being 'featured' on the other site?
Something I was always a little curious about, and I am glad you asked. Now we know.