Food for Thought

@lokisdad (4284)
I have been reading many users thoughts on many different topics. There are many subjects of interest but I noticed that I have not seen any about food recipes. I kind of miss that. Food brings people together and I like to find recipes for foods that you normally don't find here in the states. Besides the idea of learning new recipes from foreign places that you probably won't get to visit you can learn new ways to make a good meal for less money or other money saving tips and tricks to expand your culinary skills which you would otherwise have to pay for in a school or from a book.
did not realized that posting recipe not allowed?
@Missmwngi (9637)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Check the rules again,it is not allowed
• Denmark
With good reason! Recipes are nearly always copied from somewhere. I've seen loads of these on the site bubblews.
@lokisdad (4284)
Hi Amadeo yes sadly here we don't get to do that. Nice to see you here buddy.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
I think that is a very good idea, something else I can take back from this blog.
• Marion, Kansas
We can post a link to an online recipe. It is also okay to say, "Hey, I just made this biscotti and here is how to do it."
@lokisdad (4284)
that is really helpful as well thank you for letting me know if I make something I can share it that way with others.
• Marion, Kansas
Some things that are prohibited in the guidelines are the posting of polls, jokes and recipes.T hey often are just copy paste or at the least they are not original. i do post about the food I am cooking. I did so today. Yes, it is interesting to learn about others food. We can do that.
@Raelove (16722)
• Saco, Maine
You can write about food preparation and indicate how you handle a particular dish. It's what I do, and it gives a regional idea of some very basic recipes that usually are taken from elsewhere.
@lokisdad (4284)
@Raelove thanks now i will keep an eye out for the ones you post about food preparation. I find it fun trying out new stuff. Sometimes it can be boring when you make the same stuff frequently.
@Raelove (16722)
• Saco, Maine
@lokisdad Thanks. Like many cooks, I never make a recipe completely true to its ingredients. I also remember things my mother made whose ingredient lists never quite match up to what I find online. Sometimes, too, I start with a few ingredients I have here and create something entirely new. Those are the cooking posts I like to write, as they come entirely from my own experiences.
@sugartoes (36476)
• Greencastle, Indiana
if you can get on you tube you can find ALL KINDS of them on there that's why you don't see them on here cause it's against the rules so if your looking for them go on you tube
@lokisdad (4284)
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a youtube channel for recipes and lol now i feel like when you think you had a great idea and you were told someone else beat you to the punch and invented it already hahaha. I am a big youtube surfer but I mostly browse funny videos my wife is always watching the how to videos.
@sugartoes (36476)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lokisdad well being you a BIG you tube fan why not ADD a you tube Video about some meals on here that's not against the rules
@lokisdad (4284)
@sugartoes i guess i can have somebody do it and i film i don't like being recorded.thanks for the information it was helpful to me.
@Missmwngi (9637)
• Nairobi, Kenya
That is because posting recipes is not allowed here
• Denmark
@Missmwngi (9637)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@MALUSE Sure there is nothing new to them
@lokisdad (4284)
I know they aren't allowed which kind of bummed me out a bit but I understand why they aren't allowed.
@poehere (17788)
• French Polynesia
Recipes are not allowed on the site but tips would be very interesting. A few tips on how to prepare meat or chicken would strike up an interest. How to cut veggies or the best way to steam. Now they would work. But posting recipes is a bad idea and it will be deleted. You can also posts tips on the best knives to buy or something like this. You can tell a person how to season a pan so it is perfect for cooking.
@lokisdad (4284)
these are all things i will keep in mind for the future.
I think if your into that kind of stuff it's great. I am pretty much good with all I know right now. I want to just see the bucks roll in.
@shshiju (9774)
• Cochin, India
I think tones of recipes you can get through online searching
@softbabe44 (5925)
• Vancouver, Washington
Thats about the food we need to hear more.
@boiboing (12263)
• Northampton, England
Far too many recipes posted online are copied.