Some people are so greedy

I am in a group on Facebook in which we pass on used items at no charge. The basic idea is frugal living and keeping usable items out of landfills. Charity is not the purpose of the group. The admins of the group and a few helpers(I am one) organize a Christmas adoption event, and it is currently in it's second year. One of the stipulations is you cannot request help elsewhere(we can't always find out so this is mostly an honor thing). We have had a few people back out as they were getting help elsewhere. Another thing is that we only require one gift per child under 14, and the gift should be reasonably priced. We actually just had someone withdraw as we refused to list the tablets, bikes, tvs or gaming systems and asked for more reasonable requests. We are trying to help, but most people in the group are of modest incomes. Some seem to expect more and more. I guess some of it is just society, but there are some truly generous women in the group that offset the greed shown by others.
@Platespinner (17045)
We were invovled with a "provide Christmas for a family in need" events in the past, but dropped out when the gifts listed were for things way out of the price range of anything we would consider buying for our own kids. Christmas isn't about the gifts--something we have tried to teach our children.
I want my kids to be thankful and when we get into a better financial position, I want them to know that giving is better than receiving.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Dirty fishes destroys the pond you carry on your work and serve the humanity.keep it up
Very true. There are some people who feel blessed and thankful with small but thoughtful gifts. Then there are others who want more. It is nice seeing those who are dealing with hard times dig deep and help others.
There will always be people to take advantage of others.
People should be happy with anything that is given to their child and not expect anything fancy or costly.
I could not belong to such a group. It bothers me too much to see the "gimme" attitude that some people have.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Sadly some people have a shocking sense of entitlement and think they 'deserve' things.