Will The So-Called "Fountain Of Youth" Be A Reality?

Calgary, Alberta
Every human being craves to live long. I am no exception. Few, like those crazy suicide bombers, don’t care to live long though. A suicide bomber’s religious belief is more precious to him than his only life. Women, especially the wealthy, spend so much of their time and money to find ways to look young and beautiful. They have their noses lifted (nose-lift), their faces lifted (face-lift), their breasts lifted/enlarged (breast-lift), their butts lifted (butt-lift) and skin-tightening to mention a few. Men, compared to women, are not so much concerned of how young they look but are obsessed of their physical strength and sexual performance. Just like me, I play a lot of tennis to keep myself physically fit; but I don’t need those enhancing drugs called Viagra and Cialis including those enlarging capsules and tools being advertised in the internet. Believe me, I tried them all; they don't work! Just kidding. Anyway, will there be a time in the near future that a fountain of youth will be discovered?! Just like finding a unique spring water that could maintain youthful appearance? Or a drug that could reverse ageing and live till age 169? What do you think? I am thinking of mixing these cedar vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster’s sauce, salts, ground peppers, and honey that are sitting in our cupboard; they may contain the nutrients and ingredients of the so-called fountain of youth. I will try! I am hungry! Thinking of stupid stuff like this is surely the negative effect of myLoting while hungry. Please excuse me, I am going to eat my late lunch. I will be back.
The real fountain of youth flows within us and if we rise above the flow and don't get sucked down into the muck of over-medicating, being depressed longer than we need to and never feel love or light, then disturbingly we will wither away . . .
• Calgary, Alberta
So far this is the best response that is so close to the fountain of youth!
Thank you ! @antonbunot
@nanette64 (12423)
• Fairfield, Texas
Amen sista @enlightenedpsych2 .
If we all lived to be 169, the world would be a very crowded place! Being young at heart for my normal lifespan will do for me.
• Calgary, Alberta
. . . Well, there is always a solution to that, my friend. I think they already found several earth-like planets not far from our solar system . . . Many of us would love to move to those planets and continue the multiplication process.
I think by the time I reach 100, this planet and the scientists on it, might actually figure out how to do space travel successfully allowing this planet of too many people be dispersed on other planets just waiting for our arrival !
@antonbunot @enlightenedpsych Even if suitable planets are discovered it will be too late for me
• Denmark
Health is more important than a long life and beauty. Why live until you're 100 but be unable to life a decent life on your own?
• Calgary, Alberta
I know . . health is more important than trying so hard to make ourselves look like an 18-year-old. But lots of women are so obsessed trying to find a way to look forever young!
• Denmark
@antonbunot They're stupid.You can lift nearly all body parts but not the skin on your hands. How monsterlike many face-lifted women look with old hands with brown spots and wrinkles.
• Calgary, Alberta
@MALUSE Well, wealth makes people want to live long . . . to enjoy their wealth!
I think you found the best thing there is. Keep Active!!
• Calgary, Alberta
You mean the ones sitting in our cupboard, @paigea . . . I am sure you don't have those fish sauce, soy sauce, and fish sauce!
@antonbunot I meant that your fountain of youth is being active and playing tennis. That is the best thing to keep young. We certainly do have soy sauce and fish sauce in our fridge! But do you know, the first time I bought fish sauce I threw it out. I smelled it and thought it was rotten. Now I add some to many soups not just Asian type soups.
• Calgary, Alberta
@paigea Yeah!? . . Okay, if ever I won the lottery, I will invite you and your loving husband (all-expense-paid by me) to join us for a Holiday in the Philippines. . . You will love it. . not only because of the foods (with fish sauce, of course) but also of the inimitable Filipino hospitality!
It seems that some think that constant cosmetic surgery is their fountain of youth. It doesn't stop them from getting old like they think it does.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Susan2015 . . It does not, of course. But at least they look younger than their actual age. . .
@ridingbet (34742)
I think when you mix young ginger (the one with stalks--- spring ginger), and fish sauce (bagoong), you will feel young. but you have to have a plate of rice so you can eat that with your lunch. I think being in love is the fountain of youth. Why? it is because you will always smile; hence, frowns, lines, and creases will be gone.
• Calgary, Alberta
Good suggestion, kabsat. I will fall in love for the second time. Am going to start for a second love right now.
@ridingbet (34742)
@antonbunot go for it kabsat! be in love for the second time to your wife.
• Calgary, Alberta
@ridingbet . . Okay, I will start with my neighbor - a 75-year-old widow!
@Lucky15 (33763)
I don't care of not getting any younger...as long as i am healthy
• Calgary, Alberta
@Lucky15 . . . That is good! But would you not be singing a different tune if you were one of those celebrities working with Vice Ganda?
@Lucky15 (33763)
@antonbunot hahaha. No..i am.okay..for now i think
• Calgary, Alberta
@totobasso (348)
There doesn't seem to be a fountain of youth, which is too bad, as I could use a bit of that water. Interestingly, the Bible does speak of "water" that will impart everlasting life but that won't happen in this world but in God's new world.
• Calgary, Alberta
Hmmm, I thought you were talking about the Holy Water!
@sofssu (14748)
I don't desire to live long.. I just desire to be healthy and happy as long as I live. Mix on you might come up with the recipe for longevity.
• Calgary, Alberta
@sofssu I would be happy to live up to age 90. I think that would be long enough for me to find out what will happen to our world and be with my family. But if God let me live till age 100 . . I would be happy . . as long as my family would not be spending all my federal pension buying diapers for me. If that is the case I'd rather ask my family to perform mercy killing on me by drinking a gallon of fish sauce!
@Gabugs (1791)
@antonbunot I truly enjoyed reading your post. I am a woman who is not on the quest to arrest aging. Hence I'm not scouting to uplift any body parts! I believe the fountain of youth lies within oneself. It is one's mind that needs to be worked upon to keep one youthful. If you think and perceive yourself to be young, you will automatically feel young, walk in a sprightly manner, smile often, frown less and perhaps do more good than you could imagine!
• Calgary, Alberta
Wow! This is the best response so far! You are right, @Gabugs! . . and thank you!
A fountain of youth would be great, but as of today I feel pretty good.
• Calgary, Alberta
Most likely you still look and feel young, @TRBRocks420 !
@brokenbee (7710)
Hmmmm I think you would like to cook adobo with all those condiments and spices you mentioned. Lol Oh yes, you can try that. Cook adobo. Make use of the part which is too fatty. Consume it often and it won't make you grow old.
@brokenbee (7710)
@antonbunot ahahaha yes. You will die young if you consume that too often. you will not grow old hahahah
• Calgary, Alberta
@brokenbee Please don't suggest a way for me to die not-so-young and not-so-old. How could I see you next year if I have to die now?
@brokenbee (7710)
@antonbunot you will not die young, I am sure about that ahahahaha!
@delyaj30 (617)
• Quezon City, Philippines
i have talked with an old woman i met 3 months ago, i asked her age and she told me she's 100 yrs. old. i asked here what's her secret, she told me she didnt eat meat, only vegetables and fish, and fresh fruits, plus exercise. she still have clear eye sights not using eye glasses and can still hear clearly
@delyaj30 (617)
• Quezon City, Philippines
also to avoid wrinkles for women, they should not use make ups, only apply virgin coconut oil regularly on face and body , sad for me that i only heard this tips lately
• Calgary, Alberta
@delyaj30 O, this comment of yours is somewhat related to my second to the last post I wrote today.
I am sure it will come pretty close one day, but alas, we (baby boomers) will already be gone.
• Calgary, Alberta
@marlina . . that is why we, baby boomers, should keep bugging our scientists and medical experts to hurry up in finding the so-called Fountain of Youth! . . . I love this discussion!
• Calgary, Alberta
@delyaj30 A, okay! If ever I go to heaven first, I will send back my ghost to let you know which floor or level in heaven I will be. Unless I go to hell . . . still my ghost will let you know!
@marijuana (588)
• Tel Aviv, Israel
Let's just always wear a smile and have that happy outlook in life.. and well avoid looking at the mirror :) (oh gosh! my wrinkles lol) Eat healthy, Be active and balance our time sitting too much on myLot hehe . We will always be young at heart .
• Calgary, Alberta
LOL . . . Sitting for hours myLoting and making just few cents is bad to our well being (physically and mentally).
• Tel Aviv, Israel
@antonbunot haha! yeah I have to force myself to get up and really be active :D
@yugocean (3796)
I do Yoga regularly and always feel energetic and look younger. There are some real fountain of youth but all in name, not really a water is going to make like nectar
@yugocean (3796)
@antonbunot This won't happen (If Yoga Guru is good) But better to avoid in case of Normal business instructor
@nanette64 (12423)
• Fairfield, Texas
If they should ever find the 'fountain of youth' @antonbunot , then they would have to cope with sterilizing society. Since people would be living to be over 100, then the population explosion would have to stop or there would be no resources to accommodate every one.
• Calgary, Alberta
@nanette64 . . Big problem, ey! And immigration to planet Mars is still a dream not a reality yet.
Hello @antonbunot well, there was some news about that being experimented on a RAT, but they screw his DNA before they could this happened. oh, not some walk in the park I think. Anyways, there's no need to know, you got just hungry, have a nice Meal.
• Calgary, Alberta
I am eating my late lunch right now while myLoting.
@rocky1980 (548)
• Chandigarh, India
creative recipe to get 'fountain of youth'. No matter how aged we are, but by heart we should always display young spirit. I enjoyed reading your post. Have lunch and keep it up.
@buenavida (7521)
• Sweden
The Bible tells about living water and Isaiah chapter 11 describes the future paradise when people get healthy - without pills..