Do you help the needy people? How do you categorize the word "needy"?

@Driftr (201)
Coimbatore, India
I have been in a dilemma whether to help someone begging on the streets. Will it improve their future if I just dropped my amount. Then think that it's not gonna solve their problem. They need something concrete like job or continuous source of income. Should I help the needy even if its temporary? Also, let us interact how to categorize the word "needy".
@Lucky15 (33698)
Needyfor me is someone who seems to be too much depending on everyhting
@Driftr (201)
• Coimbatore, India
Thanks for categorizing @Lucky15 but do you help them? If you help, do you want to help them for their temporary needs or do something permanent?
@Lucky15 (33698)
@Driftr somethibg permanent
@Driftr (201)
• Coimbatore, India
@Lucky15 That's great to know. I too think this way but can't afford right now if it involves money.
@sugartoes (42746)
• Greencastle, Indiana
NEEDY= is a person that is down on their luck in life & has nothing left to live for, I've been there my self a time or 2 & never got the help I needed but I made things work for me the best way I knew how & STILL working at it. NEEDY= it's never a bad thing to help someone that needs a friend to talk to when they have no one else around or that needs a meal or even a day to be wanted in someone else's life that needs help.
@Driftr (201)
• Coimbatore, India
That was a great classification. We all become needy in one or two situations in life. It is good to help others on a similar cause but do you help the other needy who is always needy?
@sugartoes (42746)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Driftr I've bent over BACKWARDS for YEARS helping people you know what I got for it?? nothing nothing but a BIG stab in the back for everything I've done for not some but for EVERY SINGLE PERSON.
@Driftr (201)
• Coimbatore, India
@sugartoes Sorry for you Gayle but people at least tend to help me back in some way if I help them. The helper shouldn't think of getting a help back though. But to get a big stab is something disgusting showing the real character of whom you helped. You can anyway continue if you want to without caring about those who back stab.
@scheng1 (24742)
For me, I donate to charities that have good records. They know how to help those who really need help, and they will keep a record of where and how the money is spent. i seldom give to those who are begging on the street.