How do you decide how much to give people for Christmas?

@loki1982 (782)
Dallas, Texas
Just curious how you decide who much to give? Is it just simply what you can afford or do take other things into consideration?
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
For our family grab bag we have a set price. For others I go with my heart.
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
It is simple for me, I don't do Christmas so I don't give anything!
For our immediate family we are quite generous, not so much for other people.
@winterose (39918)
I don't buy anything for anyone for Christmas and they don't buy for me either. It is just my adult son and I and so I bought a badly needed washer and dryer and that is all that we need.
I only buy for my immediate family and significant other. For friends/family, we do white elephant so it's just one gift per person and if you want to buy for others you can also (that way each person gets at least a gift and won't be left out).
If it were up to me I say nothing because people have to much as it is. I will feed them a meal or sweets and that should be enough. I don`t go over the $20 thing. Now if I were to think at hme and a sweetie...... it better be good :D
I like nice things for starters but I love a deal. I am frugal so,I stick to what is affordable that no one would think I found on sale. You should see my gifts this year. nice..