Not such a bad headache cure

Just had two "Slices" of Chocolate Orange. Terry's Chocolate Orange is one of my favorite treats this time of year. My store was selling them for $3.50 each so I grabbed two. Since I woke up a bit earlier than usual, my head has been killing me. I don't like to take pain killers if I can help it. I remembered that I had a chocolate orange in the fridge though and took a few slices for "the pain". Dark Chocolate is supposed to help with headaches, right?
@PhredWreck (6051)
I've still never had one.
a headache or a chocolate orange?
@ScribbledAdNauseum I've got 4 ex-wives, of course I've had a headache
@PhredWreck well atleast four of them *headaches*
If it works that is good for you. You could have had either a blood sugar crash or insufficient caffeine yesterday. Either way, if this helped your headache it was a good thing. It could have been the natural antihistamines of the orange as well. I would say it was good all around.
A chocolate orange isn't actually an orange. They use orange flavoring. My headache has gone away very quickly though, thankfully.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I guess you needed a shot of sugar!
@marlina Most likely. I do need to be watchful as too mny people in my family have diabetes.
@scheng1 (24741)
I do not know that dark chocolate is a cure for headache! Perhaps when you believe that it is, then it is. I think the best cure is sleep.
You could be right. It may have just been a case of not geting my usual sleep. Either way I am better now and much the happier for it.
I finished mine a couple of days ago. They are delicious aren't they?
Better than Lindt's Orange Chocolate if you ask me!
Hum, not sure about this cure!
I know I've heard it somewhere before. Either way, I'm not going to deny myself such a nice treat on Christmas!
I have never had one of those and every year I want to get one. But I forget. If that works for you then that's wonderful, maybe something in the orange flavor or the sugar spike is doing it.