Small world adoption story - 3

@ElicBxn (60895)
Well, this time I couldn't help the person who called very much, but... I was at this time, in a science fiction writer's group and one day I was in the office and I got a call from someone. The name was familiar, and since neither of our names are exactly common, she asked me - because I'm not allowed to ask them if I know them, but I had gotten her name when I asked who called for my notes - if I was in this group. I told her I was. Turned out she was adopted in another state, but we got calls like that, so I was able to give her the people she needed to talk to in that state. The next time I saw her I asked if she had any luck. She told me she had. She wasn't looking for her bio-mother, just background health info because she had just had a baby. Just to let you know how long ago this was, that baby is all grown up now!
@winterose (39918)
I hope it all worked out for her
@ElicBxn (60895)
She got her medical history records, that's what she wanted, so, yeah, it worked out for her.
@sugartoes (41947)
• Greencastle, Indiana
cool sounds like when I called where I gave my son up to find him 18 yrs later the lady I talked to that I gave my son to at the welfare office I was surprised she was STILL there & she had all his records to get us in touch which really made my day