Poem - Missing The Prince - Missing The Point

Photo – Shakespeare and Whitman - taken by me.
Preston, England
The absent star refuses to be understudied So Hamlet is to be Without the role be-ing portrayed The cast go on as if the noble Prince was among them His lines fail to echo the silence The Ghost reveals his murder to empty space The lighting fails next But the show must go on As tragedy turns to farce The audience Agrees at the rotten-ness Of this Elsinore They storm the box office Like Pollacks On sleds Off their heads Demanding refunds aplenty Alas poor Rozencrantz He dares murmur dissent Blaming the resting Sir Misunderstood words out of context. Revenge echoes theatre As mad as Ophelia. A casual aside Upon the blog Read by critics, Whispered to absent Hamlet Exit Rozencrantz stage left - forever Scapegoat for all the company woes Cast out leaving Guildenstern Lonely among the players As the Master retreads the boards Uttering his immortal lines Among the flattering sycophantic luvvies. Arthur Chappell
@dodoazo (22051)
It took me several times to reread your poem. I couldn't get the gist of the scene. what I could say that the poem is about the prince who couldn't say his words as he portrayed his role in the scene. I am really at a loss. Or is it about or related to Shaespeaker's Hamlet
• Preston, England
It's about trying to play the show without anyone playing Hamlet - he just isn't there - maybe it needs a bit more work
this one was a bit rough for me as well, not sure why