Small Pet OR No Pet

My question is when living in a senior based apartment of 50 units, do you think seniors should be allowed a small pet or do you think there should be a No Pet Policy? Thank You for your responses.
The one that is owned by my landlord allows cats not dogs and only to the senior housing building The regular building is not allowed cats or I would have sammy home with me.
I am sorry you can't have Sammy at home. I know the pain of having to leave a pet with someone else. I had a purebred Maltese her photo is actually my avatar so you can see she is be beautiful.
@Grandmaof2 yes she sure is a sweety pie.
@T_gray (7910)
• Salina, Kansas
I always think pets benefit everyone in one way or another. So I think yes. But I know it is hard to get landlords to allow pets.
Yes it is and now that I have encountered health issues I come to realize when I was hospitalized then what? I would need someone to care for my little one. It"s hard growing old and having to part with our belongings and the hardest of all was parting with my puppy.
@T_gray (7910)
• Salina, Kansas
@Grandmaof2 Awe that is sad that you will have to part with your puppy. I didn't know you already had a dog. I am sorry to hear that. It would be nice if you had someone close to you to take your puppy for you.
@Bomber109 (202)
I think allowing a small pet is best. They are wonderful companions for seniors.
I agree and also believe they're therapeutic, I do however wonder what it would be if all 50 units had a dog.
@cherriefic (3960)
• Baguio, Philippines
Maybe it should be a no pet zone as many seniors might have allergies to animals. Plus having a pet will need constant caring and maintenance.
We are a No Pet Policy and I agree with your remarks. You're absolutely right these little pets need care and we all know not everyone does a proper job.