The Napkin

Te Puke, New Zealand
The Napkin In a little beach side cafe Where she works every other day I order the usual and sit at the table In love with a waitress unable To summon the courage to say Would you like to go out someday If she could only see The man that's inside of me She wouldn't have to look anymore I'm the one she's been looking for One of these days I'm gonna leave a note On a napkin she'll read what I wrote To the girl who smiles when we greet Who tells me sir please take a seat I wanna thank you for making my day But there's something Ive been meaning to say Behind your glasses I see a person Who's beauty shines within I know your probably another guys muse Cause a diamond like you, you just don't lose The way you smile Let me daydream if only for awhile In a little restaurant on the corner of fourth avenue In a corner booth telling each other sweet I love you's As I brush aside your falling hair Slowly guiding it behind your ear Daydreaming of us in the dark Slow kissing racing hearts Lost in love and lost in time Your lips on mine Caressing your bottom lip with my thumb Trembling bodies turning numb In that moment we are a single whole Raging hearts and tangled souls I cut back to reality To drink my cream and coffee I wrestle with my doubt If I should ask her out If she could only see The man that's inside of me She wouldn't have to look anymore I'm the one she's been looking for As I sit here with a napkin Wondering where I should begin With pen in hand I hope she understands.................
This is a very beautiful poem, very well written. Perhaps it would be better if you left some breaks in the poem, put it into separate verses? It would make it easier to read
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Hi there oh thanks I appreciate that , yeah on my viewing it's got breaks and put into verses as a poem should be , I'm not sure how to re edit it my friend But thanks I will look into now Thanks for commenting :)
@Wonderwall79 Now that is SO much better! I hope you didn't mind me saying.
• Te Puke, New Zealand
@jaboUK no not at all I thank you for the advice I'm just getting use to the keys and the tools :)
@Auntylou (4330)
• Oxford, England
A new poet! How good, and I see one of our resident poets ,@Jabo has already found you!
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Yes definitely has :) thanks for commenting :)
@Gillygirl (16793)
• Sutton, England
I'm curious about the identity of this lady.
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Haha Ok I'll bite :) One day I went into this cafe which I stumbled upon, there behind the counter was this young woman probably around 26-30 I'm bad with ages She had dark maple syrup hair with black rimmed glasses and the kind of beautiful when beautiful meant something. I was instantly swept away by her sweet nature and above all her smile just weakened my knees I kept going back after that trying to one day muster the courage I am a risk taker and a adrenalin junkie sky diving , mountain biking down hill, gambling but when it comes to the matters of the heart I don't risk a thing In the end I let it just be a crush and saved my heart the pain :)
Awe, this is quite lovely.
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Hi Marie Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to read my litte ditties :)
That's a lovely poem. I enjoyed reading it.
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Hi thank you I appreciate the kind comments I'm just a weekend hacker really but thank you very much :)
Goody!
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Hi there well thank you for reading and taking the time to comment I appreciate that :)
Well written. Make it real. Don't fantacise
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Haha yeah thanks for the advice :)
• Rochester, New York
That is a beautiful poem. Is there an actual waitress your crushing on? lol
• Te Puke, New Zealand
Hi yeah there was a girl I was crushing on she was fireworks for the eyes but I never gave her the napkin hahahah, thank you for the kind comments :)