What A Nice Day Today!

I invited a family of four, from my congregation, over for lunch today. I fixed home made chili with corn bread muffins. I also had a bowl of cut up fruit and chicken salad with potato bread buns. I had cole slaw and chips and home made banana nut bread. Everyone enjoyed the meal and after we ate, we played a game of Spades, one of my favorite card games. I also showed them some photos and learned more about their family. They are fairly new to our congregation, so I wanted for all of us to get to know each other better. It was a really nice visit. We are going to do it again soon. I finally have someone who likes to play card games. I showed them a new game today too. One that their youngest son learned to play. It's called Seven Up. It's much easier than Spades. Their older son played Spades though and he and his DAD just barely beat his MOM and me, by a few points. It was a nice day, temperature wise also, but started to get cold after the sun went down. They left about 3PM and I watched a short movie by myself. Then, decided to join you on MyLot. I only have pennies to go now for my first payout, so hopefully, that will happen this month.
Good for you making it to just about reaching your goal. I am now working past that and want $20 at the end of the month. I see things going good for me. Good luck with your next meet up. It sounds very relaxing.
It's still quite a few days until the end of the month so I hope to have more than just the $10. I have been very busy however. and this coming week, I have an assembly to attend and another luncheon to contribute to. I also have a chiropractor's appointment Monday and will probably have my great grandson on Tuesday or Wednesday. This month is half over and we have had fairly mild weather so far. I did hear that we should have some snow soon however. I stay in when it snows.
@IreneVincent I hope it continues to be mild here in Ny. I feel good knowing there is no snow that could cause me to fall on my bad foot.