How much is the income tax at your country?

Philippines
January 17, 2016 6:52pm CST
Our income tax here in the Philippines is 32%. Crazy! I don't know if I'm working and earning for a living so that my family can live or I'm working so that the government can live. It feels crazy in here you know. Other countries do not have that huge tax, some even have income tax return. That's the reason I wanna work abroad right away I'm just trying to gain experience here in my home country. How about you, how much is your income tax ?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@scheng1 (24893)
• Singapore
18 Jan 16
There must be ways for you to claim tax relief. I do not think that everyone is paying at such a high rate. Those who are making less money probably pay nothing much. Anyway, you benefit from many government schemes, such as free or subsidized schooling, paved roads and others. It is right to pay income tax, though you can try to claim as much reliefs as you can.
• Baguio, Philippines
18 Jan 16
Tax is based on your income. If you are only earning the minimum rate, it's tax free. If you are single with no dependents, thats a different rate from those who are married or with dependents.
@mk6195 (65)
• Bilaspur, India
14 Feb 16
In India we have the following Tax rates Where Total Income does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 - Nil Where the Total Income exceeds Rs. 2,50,000 but does not exceeds Rs. 5,00,000 - 10% of the amount which Exceeds Rs. 2,50,000 Where the Total Income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000 but does not exceeds Rs. 10,00,000 - Rs. 2500 + 20% by the amount exceeds Rs. 5,00,000 Where the Total Income exceeds Rs. 10,00,000 - Rs. 12500 + 30% by the amount exceeds Rs. 10,00,000 We can tax benefit on certain income and expenses while calculating our total income as per the Indian IT Act.
@cherriefic (4304)
• Baguio, Philippines
18 Jan 16
It's basically higher for other countries. But they can feel the benefits of it.