What is that one thing you cannot live without in your diet.

By Anu
Yes, you read it right. "What is that one thing you cannot live without in your diet." After my first kid was born I had added a loads of weight and as everyone wishes I too wanted to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans but alas. I started my diet and realised that there are few things which you cannot live without. For me its my morning cup of tea especially on an empty stomach. My dietitian kep on telling me not too have tea early morning on empty stomach but somehow I could never get rid of it. ;) what is that one thing you cannot live without?
apples,apple and more apples. lol I love red apples,yellow apples and eat the green ones at times too. apples gime apples..
@sharon6345 you must be the healthiest person around then cause you know what they say of the apple everyday keeping that darn doctor away . . . YEY ! I love apples too keeps us alkaline so that any weak cells can never become cancerous as cancer hates alkaline conditions in the pH of the blood, bile or lymph !
@enlightenedpsych2 Wow all that from one apple. I never knew that about apples. I eat them all the time. I even have a bunch at adrian's house. Thanks for letting me know.
Not that fond of apples though , probably its in the last list. Its super good for health as the saying goes "An apple a day keeps a doctor away."
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@arpita_onlinejob,Chillies.I love spicy foods.
and @else34 I am guessing your cardiovascular system is being kept well-running due to the fantastic cleansing of an enzyme in most of the chili peppers all over the world ! A great roto-rooter I hear for the arteries and capillaries, thanks for sharing this great info and have a wonderful rest of this Tuesday
Me too, life without spice cant imagine, may be right after tea its spice :)
@else34 (13604)
• New Delhi, India
@enlightenedpsych2 Lol !! Fortunately I don't have any such problem.Although I don't know whether the credit goes to chillies,but now I am in a good shape.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Yogurt, my meal is not complete without it..I have to have some yogurt for both Lunch and Dinner !
Hi there @kiran8 good suggestion and menu choice for keeping the immune system very efficient , I bet yours is superb and you are quite healthy
I like chocolate and have a couple of pieces every day.
Hey @jstory07 so what does this indulgence do for you everyday ?
@jstory07 Wow Choclate. Actually when I was on a diet to reduce weight I was advised to have atleast a small piece of choclate early morning. As per my dietitian our body needs 5 tastes daily, sweet, bitter, sour dont remember other two, so chocolates are definately good try eating them right after you drink water early morning.
That s very good I hear I like that one Judy. Thanks.
Honestly it would have to be my box of Original Cheerios !
@enlightenedpsych2 wow so much of knowledge on food. are you a nutritionist by any chance? I got so much insight reading your comments. Thanks
Well not a licensed one BUT after receiving a baccalaureate in Child development/ Abnormal Psychology and then going on to get my masters in Transpersonal Psychology, my health issues began to concern me regarding an ovarian cyst I had on the left ovary that was being fed by a poor diet of foods containing a lot of estrogen and additives like monosodium glutamate and nitrates--- I loved those foods way back in my 20's and 30's and had no idea they were slowly killing me. I decided in the last decade to take better control of what I eat, so I began studying nutrition and saved my own life ! @arpita_onlinejob
@shshiju (10571)
• Cochin, India
coconut
Coconut is definately a super fruit.
@shshiju (10571)
• Cochin, India
@arpita_onlinejob It can't eat like other fruits. Tender coconut is OK. In my home coconut and coconut milk is the ingredient to almost curries.
@hiru84 (956)
i want my bed tea everyday. I can't get a fresh mood without it.
I wish someone made a bed tea for me. I had that privilege until my full time maid left couple of months back now no bed tea.
@hiru84 (956)
@arpita_onlinejob Sometimes I make my bed tea. I think it is better thing that you make your bed tea that nothing for morning.
Simple answer: chocolate
Chocolate is definately in my first list :)
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
That for me would be my coffee.
@softbabe44 Actually it was coffee or tea early morning for me. One day while I was in office i accidently spilled coffee over me, I cleaned it in rest room but the lingering smell for 5 hours made me hate coffee and I dont drink coffee any more.
• Vancouver, Washington
@arpita_onlinejob Yea I hear that one but like that good old cup anyway.