I don't want to "adult" today....

@T_gray (7841)
Salina, Kansas
Besides all the things that go along with being a responsible adult there are certain things that I dislike the most about being an adult. And one of those things is buying toilet paper. I know it sounds silly, but I have always hated buying toilet paper. I guess maybe because it always seems to run out. And when you go to buy it, there are so many options and the stuff costs so much. I know you can go and stick with just one brand and one style, which I try to do, but then I am a bargain shopper. You get to the store and go for your brand and happen to look over and see a sale. So then you wonder, is this other brand good enough. Should I take the chance with this other brand. So this begins my struggle with buying toilet paper. What is the one thing you like least about being an adult?
@Marcyaz (35766)
I hate buying cheap toilet paper as you never can find where the roll begins. There are times when it would be nice to be a child again and not have to make so many decisions.
Cheap toilet paper ends up costing more as one needs more.
@Marcyaz (35766)
@marlina That is true so don't look for the discounted toilet paper in the aisles.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
Oh I hate when you have to try and find the beginning. That can get frustrating in itself
@Platespinner (16530)
Having to make decisions about mundane things. Meals particularly, deciding what to make for supper seven days a week....(and then there is breakfast and lunch to think about as well).
This really does get tiresome doesn't it? Now it's mostly Vince's problem
@JudyEv I keep trying to delegate, but it's not working.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
Oh my, I don't like this one either. Luckily in my case, its just me to decide for, but when I was babysitting full time, it was really hard to just decide what to come up with for lunch for the kids. And when I first start babysitting kids, Its even harder, because they aren't my kids, so I don't know what they are going to like and not like. hehe
@ricki_911 (19002)
• Toronto, Ontario
I hate buying toilet paper, because the good soft stuff is $20 for 12 rolls. But the cheap things I can afford are rough and not soft. I am hating paying bills, and trying to budget money that I don't have.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
Oh I know, the good stuff is so expensive. I am really good at budgeting. But I to hate doing it when there just isn't money there to budget.
@ricki_911 (19002)
• Toronto, Ontario
@T_gray It is ! Plus, they charge tax on toilet paper as it's apparently not a necessities. I do too! It is hard trying to split the money up when you make next to nothing.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
@ricki_911 It is hard, I understand that all to well
I think it's the whole idea of being an adult - being responsible, paying bills, working - though I'm retired now, thankfully. As a kid I always thought being an adult was being your own person and you could do whatever you wanted. How wrong I was. I'd like to go back to the innocence of youth again and pretend I don't need to be responsible about anything anymore - not in the adult sense anyway. I was always a responsible person.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I agree totally. I thought growing up would be the best thing in the world. I wish I could go back too. But I am glad that I did grow up to be a very responsible adult.
@T_gray As tempting as that sounds, to go back, I wouldn't want to go back to today's world where kids are so foul mouthed and disrespectful to everyone peers and adults alike. Boy do they have a wake-up call coming.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
@just4him Oh, do I agree with you on that. If I talked to my mom the way some of these kids talked to their parents, I wouldn't be around to tell you about it.
@kevin1877uk (36942)
I know but we do have to have it. I guess being an adult really, until you are you don't how hard it can be. Ok there are the enjoyable moments but it's all the crap which comes with it being an adult.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
Yeah I gues I should be happy for those little moments where it is good.
@kevin1877uk (36942)
@T_gray I guess, just need to extend those good moments
I used to succumb and but TP on special but I don't any more. I have one brand we prefer and now I stick to that - whatever the price.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
That's good thinking and I tend to try to do that now. I two brands that I will prefer to go with.
@T_gray If you buy TP that doesn't do the job as you'd like it to, the roll lasts for ever.
In my household, we always buy the same toilet paper, at Costco! Bulk size and lasts fairly long I think. Price is within reasonable and doesn't increase/decrease usually stays the same!
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I like doing that. I do that at Sam's (we don't have Costco, but its the same thing). But sometimes I don't have the money to invest in the full amount of a big thing of TP. So I am not always able to do that. But when I do, its like Christmas. hehehe. It last for forever and I love it
@T_gray We have a Sam's club also but it's further. Yes, it's amazing to not have to worry about toilet paper when you buy bulk but it's money up front. Hehe.
@Blondie2222 (21226)
I am like that with anything i buy just not toilet paper.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I hear ya
I hate anything that has to do with cleaning because it has to be done everyday.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
That is very true
@alchemistrx (2577)
Being adult is sometimes frustating like buying toilet paper. You have choose the best so it wont get a crap of you.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
@UncleJoe (9460)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I'll never buy the cheapest TP again. That stuff is "John Wayne TP" It won't take crap off anybody.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
That is very true
Yeah buying toilet paper is not much fun at all. It does run out super fast too! I really dislike doing dishes, mostly because they never ever go away. Lol I do a sink full of them, turn back around and there's more!
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
Haha that's funny. For me its laundry. I hate laundry. Dishes, I really don't mind doing. Its almost my meditation and praying time, if you can imagine.
• Marion, Kansas
I dislike feeling responsible for every one else's happiness. Toilet paper--I go to Sam;s Club and get Member's Mark. Cheapest out there but good, and soft. I will not buy Scott or Angel Soft. They package it in so many ways to keep you from figuring out what is the best buy.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I was just saying in another comment that I love doing this. But I am not always able to pay that much at one time. But when I am, i love it. Really, the toilet paper is one of the main reason why I have a sam's membership. That and their frozen and fresh fruit. So much cheaper and its great for my smoothies. hehehe
Penalties...stuff you might get smacked on the wrist for as a kid can land you in jail
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
oh yeah, lets avoid those penalities. hehehe