5 Kittens

Well, we were right, our cat Mary was pregnant! She just finished giving birth to five beautiful little kittens. She woke us up early this morning, meowing at us and climbing on us. This isn't normal, so we figured she was trying to tell us something. So, we got out of bed, poured her some cat food, and then noticed something hanging from her behind and she was leaking fluid. We encouraged her to lay in the box we brought home for her. She did, and we went to watch TV to give her some privacy. She didn't want to be alone, I guess... so she came to get one of us. My boyfriend sat beside her box, that is the only way she seemed comfortable. She then began to give birth. We watched the whole thing and it was so amazing! They came out one by one, until there was 5 in total. I can't wait until they are a little older so we can play with them and can pick one to keep!
@Marcyaz (35793)
OH how sweet they look with their momma. Isn't it amazing watching their birth.
Yes, it's truly a wonderful sight.
@Marcyaz (35793)
@Angelee_27 Are the kittens all black or are they black and white like the momma?
@Marcyaz I think there are two all black, two gray and white, and one calico-looking color. The momma is actually gray and white, not black and white.
Is she an outside cat? How was she pregnant and you did not know. My sammy would not be allowed outside but he is fixed any way. I saw mama have her litter in my closet That hoe would not stay in the house for nothing..She loved the outdoors so much. She was hit by a car and that was it for me. I took her to the shelter. She looked terrible after the car ran over her head. I can't take stuff like that so she had to go. Your bundle looks so sweet.
@sharon6345 She was a stray at the motel we lived in before we our apartment. We decided she would be coming with us to the new apartment after witnessing someone kick her in the motel parking lot.
@Angelee_27That was very sweet of you to take her in. Now you get to have two cats. how sweet.
@sharon6345 Yes, but we hope we can find good homes for the rest. If not, they may have to go to the shelter (if the humane society won't take them).
@Elizaby (3564)
• Pensacola, Florida
She seems content now being a momma.
She does! She hasn't left her box all day, just laying and feeding.
That is wonderful! Congratulations to your kitten, you + your boyfriend!
@KristenH (22737)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Oops! Naughty Mary! Are you going to keep the kittens too?
We are only picking one to keep and going to try to find good homes for the rest.
@KristenH (22737)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Angelee_27 Good idea. I'm sure your local ASPCA shelter could help you out.
Awww your a mommmy , how adorable !
@poehere (17756)
• French Polynesia
I thought she was more a grand mommy than a mommy.
@sugartoes (38308)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's pretty cool now you have a new family to love & enjoy, cats are smart that way when they are really close to their owners, I hope you find good homes for them all enjoy.
@Teep11 (6891)
It is amazing. That's sweet. She wanted company. Congratulations.
@alchemistrx (2577)
We have a main cat that we adopted but i hadnt have the chance to see it give birth. She stays put on her place while at night some stray cats come to eat her share of the food we gave.
Seeing new life come into the world is a wonderful thing. You'll have your hands full when they start running around.