Jealousy...

@T_gray (7821)
Salina, Kansas
Are you are jealous person? You might instantly think I am talking about jealousy in a romantic relationship. Well yes, but you can be jealous in any type relationship. Friendships, family, coworkers, even enemies. There can be many reasons to be jealous of someone, or something, or a situation. I know when I was young, I used to get jealous all the time. But I learned that as I get older, I don't get jealous near as much. When I notice I am getting jealous, I quickly realize that I am just being silly. What do you do when you notice jealousy coming on?
I am a jealous person as my husband is also . When we were newly married we will always get jealous of one another . But now that we are older , we aren't much anymore . Though a bit of jealousy makes the relationship colorful
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
I know the cute jealousy here and there, but not the type that can tear a relationship apart. That's the kind that scares me most
@T_gray Too much jealousy can make a person kill the person he is jealous of . There are a lot of news for that . They call it crimes of passion .
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
@SIMPLYD eeck, that's not cool. I don't think I've ever come near to that jealous
@kevin1877uk (36963)
I know sometimes I do, but like you, I was more so when I was younger but not now. I'm not sure if you grow out of being jealous or not maybe you do.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
I think I just got more mature. And realized that most of my jealousy was my own insecurities. I still have those insecurities, I am just smart about it now.
@kevin1877uk (36963)
@T_gray Yeah I guess that you are right there, insecurities.
No I don't think I am jealous of anything. Some might call it jealousy, but I call it wanting loyalty and, not settling for anything less.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
Ok, but what happens when you feel your partner isn't being loyal? what feelings do you get then?
@T_gray I feel the feeling of get out and, never come back lol.
@cacay1 (32740)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 I stone my ex boyfriend when I was in college because of jealousy. I saw him with another girl and he was the one who brought the things of the girl, so I stoned them.
@Platespinner (16515)
I spent a lot of time as a teenager thinking that life just wasn't fair (which is essentially a form of jealousy), but I've learned to be content in my own circumstances, and that has done wonders towards increasing my satisfaction in life.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
Sounds like my story
@T_gray I think it's something we all deal with as youngsters. Most of us move past it, but unfortunately there are many who don't and blame their circumstances on the unfairness of life rather than their own choices.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
@Platespinner yes I know too many people like this. Sad really.
I was not aware of it at the time it was going on. I know now that it was because stuff was clearly going on behind my back. I am glad that I found that I was right in my feelings and it's over now. But, I will always be that kind of person if my ears go in alert mode.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
Yes, I understand what you are saying.
@T_gray Thanks very much.
@cacay1 (32740)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I was a jealous type during my teen years and in mid 20's, but I was able to dismiss that feeling in my blood and entire life by using my right thinking.Jealousy kills.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
I agree
@cacay1 (32740)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@T_gray I felt jealous before with my ex-bf walking sweetly with someone, so I stoned them, bog, bog.
@Angel_15 (678)
• Manila, Philippines
I get jealous easily, but not to the point of suffocating my husband. Anyway, he knew what he signed up for because I told him what I expected from him at the start of our relationship, so when he does something that goes against my expectations then I must say that I have a right to be jealous.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
Yeah, I can see that, as long as you made things clear of what you expect in the beginning, then yeah. I would see some level of jealousy if he steps outside of those expectations.
Now, not so much now but I am sure everyone has a jealousy stage at one point though!
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
I am thinking so.
@Scindhia (1958)
• Chennai, India
The only time I remember being jealous was when my sister was born. She was getting all the attention in the family and it made me green with envy. Other than that looking past petty jealousies is one of my best qualities. Or at least my husband thinks so!
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
That's a good quality, I think anyway. I was also jealous of my sister. Well I am more now then anything. She gets a lot more of the attention now. I know that sounds silly to be a grown adult and be jealous of your sister, but I am. But then again, I am starting to come to terms that she is the favorite.
I am silent-jealous type person. It should be in the right place. I don't like that jealousy could break a relationship. The manner of being jealous should be justifiable in some situations.
@T_gray (7821)
• Salina, Kansas
I stay pretty silent myself about it. I get what you are saying about it being justifiable. That does seem to be important so not to break the relationship. My recent relationship was plagued with jealousy and eventually brought it to an end.
@Lucky15 (33422)
nope for me. something that i have been questioned on why not
would You like guide me ?