This is one of those days

Marion, Kansas
We did not get a significant amount of snow, but boy it is cold. The high winds have shifted to come out of the north. I sit facing the north wall and window. There is a draft around the front door. I may switch to my laptop to be a little warmer, away from the door. I can hear the wind blustering around, although it is not yet light and I cannot see the effect of all of this wind. This is a day to stay inside, sip hot drinks and have soup for lunch. Oh, and oatmeal for breakfast. Princess is basking in the light of the pole lamp. These energy efficient lights put out good light, but not much heat. So here I am, hot coffee, warm socks, a blanket, possibly a warm meal soon. I hope I have not missed anything. Are you staying warm? How are you doing that? I could use lots of tips.
We are having rain today and it is quite warm.
• Marion, Kansas
It is still breezy out, but the sun is here now and it is glorious. We have had a lot of warm weather this winter.
um, back when it mattered, layers. I loved Cuddle duds, and would layer those under things.oh and rolled towels at the bottom of doors and covering windows. sometimes even covering a door up with a sheet, and then in that room running a single electric heater near me
• Marion, Kansas
I do have layers on. I much prefer several light layers than a bulky layer. Since my door by my desk has a leaky side, not so much bottom, I have a canvas tarp hanging to block it. I think if I get up and move every little bit I do better.
@GardenGerty you prob do, and it's healthier to move around more
@amnabas (9779)
• Karachi, Pakistan
We have weather here so no need to wear warm accessories.
• Marion, Kansas
Honestly I do not think I would enjoy having warm weather all the time. It is exhilarating to deal with the changes.
It is unseasonably mild here today, but it was awfully windy last night. The wind snapped the zip ties that attach the snow fencing to the poles-it was a strong wind! We will be warm and maybe getting wet (rain) later on today.
• Marion, Kansas
Well, the sun has come out, and although we have some wind it seems to be at higher elevations. My wind chime is not ringing.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
Windy and gloomy in my neck of the woods. Man I have cabin fever, I just want sun and spring and flowers, and and all that good stuff.
• Marion, Kansas
I used to grow blooming houseplants for my sanity. So far this house does not have the right set up for such.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
@GardenGerty We don't either. So we wait for spring
• Marion, Kansas
@fishtiger58 As we remodel and such I will have room for houseplants and to start seeds, just not yet.
After saying we were supposed to get severe thunderstorms yesterday evening, they cancelled it and it didn't rain at all here.
• Marion, Kansas
I think we are in a drought in this town. I guess we had storms the other night, but I did not hear them. Cat even wanted outside yesterday.
@GardenGerty Mine keeps yelling at me to open the window...it was 67 yesterday, 42 today, the window stays shut
• Marion, Kansas
@JolietJake At her checkup last summer the vet said that Princess may be getting somewhat senile. I do not know what Scar's excuse would be.
I am a little cold to be honest but not because of the house. Adrain is hot all the time and he is sleeping over. The window is wide open and until he wakes and I go to bed I am going to be cold. His grandson is the same way too. can you imagine a 1 year old always sweating. he hates wearing a hate. Here in Ny today it was about 50 degrees. but,the temps dropped over time.
• Marion, Kansas
My brother is that way. Some times it can be a sign of some health problems, though.
@GardenGerty I can believe that because,he is really in bad health. All the time at the Dr.s. office.
@MandaLee (3700)
Good morning, Stay under a blanket as much as possible.
• Marion, Kansas
I have one hanging on my desk chair. If I take a break and go read in the recliner I have nice blankets and pillows available.
The weather here is just nice. Early morning was such that I had to wear a light sweater. The sun is out spreading cheerfulness everywhere.
• Marion, Kansas
Sunshine can make a real difference in how I feel about my day.
I like to sit on the sofa with the big soft throw over me.
• Marion, Kansas
My sofa has lots of loose pillows and it feels so good to snuggle down in them and cover up.
@mom210 (5807)
• Atlanta, Georgia
it is suppose to be nice and warm somewhere close to 70 but rainy and stormy. Oh well.
• Marion, Kansas
Well we now have sun with our wind blowing. I look out across an empty field and watch the sun approach my house. My kitchen and laundry area get southern sun and are warm if the sun is shining.
@Lucky15 (33763)
coffee and socks are the best foe me to keep me warm :)
• Marion, Kansas
Socks go on first thing, and yes, coffee, then hot tea.