The neighbors dogs

My neighbors have a lot of dogs. Seems they take in a new one once a month. They currently have 6 that we're aware of. Three of the dogs always bark at other humans (expect for their owner) and run away if you get too close. Two of them a, spaniel and boxer, are always coming out of their yard and here they go barking in your ear while you're checking the mail or taking out the trash. One day my dad opened the gate to go into the back yard and here comes the spaniel and boxer running past him. They wanted to play with Ms. Gracie. He let them run around the yard playing for a few hours. Now they come to our back fence and bark to be let in.
As long as they just bark and not bite. . .
The boxer will follow you and nip at your hand, but I think she's just trying to get attention.
@sjvg1976 (14676)
You may warn the owner if he does not make his dogs control you will ask authorities to do something.
These neighbors are very good friends of ours and nice people so we don't' want to go that route. We have spoken to them about the dogs getting out of the fence. They are trying to keep up with too many at once too. I'm thinking they are animal hoarders because they have a new dog or cat every time we turn around. Update: Apparently they were scolded just a few days ago by animal control after one of the dogs chased somebody.
The animal shelter should pick up the dogs by me. they are barking loud all day and night and they get out that gate too. They are pit bulls at that.
Some states have a law against dogs barking that excessively. Depending on where you live, there should be a number you can call to report.