We Lost A Teacher Today

@DWDavis (11147)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Truly dedicated teachers are a special breed. Today we here in my district suddenly found ourselves bereft of a dedicated second grade teacher. Though wheelchair bound, this gentleman gave his all for his students and was much loved by them and much respected and admired by his colleagues. This morning while on duty in the drop-off parking lot, Mr. K was struck by a day-care van bringing students to the school. First responders arrived quickly on the scene and Mr. K was transported to the hospital. Tragically, he succumbed to his injuries and died. I cannot begin to imagine the feelings his students had upon receiving the news. The district immediately dispatched counselors to the school to talk with the kids, and any staff members who wanted or needed to. The school where this occurred is several miles from the school where I teach but news travels fast in our community. As fate would have it, I had bus lot duty this afternoon and one of my jobs was to stop and hold traffic while the buses pulled out of the lot onto the highway. Our assistant principal is always the other staff member doing this job. Today, he reminded me to be extra careful. I cautioned him to do the same. Please keep Mr. K's family and colleagues in your prayers.
Being a dedicated teacher yourself I can well understand your expressing your sadness of losing a dedicated teacher. May his soul rest in peace.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I feel sure that he was guided to his rest by angels. He'd certainly earned it, though such a shame it happened as it did.
@DWDavis That's what I thought too.
Aww that is so sad I will dd Mr. K to my prayer list
That is so sad. A good teacher would be sorely missed. I hope you will continue to be careful.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I have learned to be very careful, especially around the bus lot and car rider line.
so sorry for the lost there.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. I did not know Mr K personally, but learning of his loss was still a shock.
That is so sad. I will pray for his family.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I know they are in need of all the prayers that can be offered. Thank you.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
That is indeed tragic. It seems almost obscene to 'like' this discussion. I remember a ta her who passed away suddenly and unexpect Daly when my kids were young. The children never forget..prayers for all.
Such sad news.
What awful news that is. That is so very sad.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
He was a popular and well liked teacher. I just found out today that his wife is expecting their first child. My heart so goes out to her as I cannot imagine the pain she is going through right now.
@Auntylou (4410)
• Oxford, England
That is such a shame. We need all the good teachers there are if the world is to improve
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I did not know him, but from what I know of him, he was very well liked by his students and fellow staff members.
@LoriAMoore (9745)
Oh my goodness, that is so horrible.
May he rest in peace. I am sure he is with our God! My condolence!
@biikiki (207)
• Nyeri, Kenya
My condolence to Mr k family and all affected all in our prayers
@Dena91 (3622)
prayers for his family and friends. so sorry for your loss
That's such horrid news. Sudden deaths in school are tragic for all concerned. :(
I am so sorry, it is tragic to die like this, I can imagine the pain of the family.
I am lifting up prayers for all who knew and loved him. May his memory live on in those who knew him. Do you think there will be any sort of special fund raised to care for his family and maybe to provide scholarships for children in his honor?
@LeaPea2417 (14691)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I did read about that on Facebook. What an awful thing to happen , and for it to be in your school district, that is very sad. I pray for his family.