Kind Neighbors Make Life Easier

@Raine38 (9032)
Last night, my boyfriend was expecting a package. There was no package delivered by the time we went to bed, and so he thought that the package was just delayed. We had some really bad weather recently and we are aware that road conditions are still on the mends. This morning, he checked it online and we were confused as it says that his package was delivered at 10PM last night and left by the front door. We both checked and there was nothing. Because we need to go to work early today, he decided that he will take care of it during his lunch break. Then he let me know that UPS delivered his package to his neighbors 3 houses down. While we are not too sociable with any of his neighbors, we are in good speaking terms with all of them. They are nice enough to let him know that they have it, and that they will safekeep it while he is at work, and to just let them know when he is home and they will ask their kid to deliver it to his house. He said it is not necessary and he can visit with them to claim the package. I know it was just a small deal, but for us it is a huge burden off our shoulders knowing we do not have to hunt for it. I suggested making and bringing his neighbors some of my homemade lumpia (egg rolls) as a thank you and a sign of appreciation.
My neighbors take my packages all the time. They even let me put thier unit numers on my note to the post man on my door. I like that because,I get lots of packages.
@Raine38 (9032)
That is so kind of them. I am sure that you are a good neighbor as well for them to trust you.
@Raine38 I make sure to be all the time. I treat them like family I can't have it any other way with my neighbors. I have health issues and you just never know when they need to help me.