Instead of Coffee....

@brokenbee (7806)
Instead of drinking coffee in the morning which gives me some palpitations, this is my new morning drink. Carrot and banana smoothie. Today is my second day drinking it. It's so refreshing and I feel so full afterwards. Well, who wouldn't? I drink two glasses in the morning and I drink the remaining during noontime or in the afternoon. I also share it to my parents. Have you tried this smoothie? What do you drink in the morning?
@salonga (27998)
Carrot and smoothie? I have not tried that. That must tastes good!
@brokenbee (7806)
Yes, it tastes good! This is my new favorite aside from the buko smoothie... hihi
@salonga (27998)
@brokenbee i will try that tomorrow. What i had today is melon, watermelon and cucumber. I loved it!
@brokenbee (7806)
@salonga Wow! I will add those fruits to the market list for tomorrow. I want to try those too.
@KnehKnah (3475)
Oh, I like that, my dear Arbie! But, because I easily catch colds, I will enjoy a glass of that by 10am, my snacks. I still drink coffee in the morning during a light breakfast. Before that? A warm glass of 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar & 1 tbsp pure honey! Wowowie!
@brokenbee (7806)
Hmmmmm me too. I think I need to lessen the ice cubes that I mix with this. Apple cider and honey? Haven't tried that one yet.
@KnehKnah (3475)
@brokenbee Better try it too. It's doing me good esp against my painful gout atracks, my dear.
@brokenbee (7806)
@KnehKnah but isn't it too acidic Ma'am?
@antonbunot (9508)
• Calgary, Alberta
I drink Tim Horton coffee . . and eat a small bowl of white rice, 2 medium hard-boiled eggs, a hotdog, and sliced tomatoes. This kind of breakfast makes me going, and going, and going, like a good battery! . . What do you eat for breakfast, pretty lady?!
@brokenbee (7806)
I eat whatever is there in the kitchen. LOL but most of the time, we have sliced bread. Other times I cook noodles. And other times, I cook fried rice. Hihihi
• Calgary, Alberta
@brokenbee No wonder I am imagining you as pretty and sexy!
@brokenbee (7806)
@antonbunot ahahaha but it's the other way around. LOL
@scheng1 (24813)
I like to drink fruit juice, but not in the morning. I still need coffee in the morning. I think you can try different combination, such as papaya with yogurt and milk.
@brokenbee (7806)
Hmmm that is a good suggestion. I will try that too, next week. Thank you!
@brokenbee maybe try flavored yogurt to lessen the milk and sugar?
@brokenbee (7806)
@hereandthere Oh yes I have heard that's healthier but I haven't tried it yet. It's more expensive though
@cgalavia (1406)
I can have among coffee,tea and milk in the morning.These three are my drinking buddy every morning.I've tried carrot juice before but not breakfast usually in the afternoon.
@brokenbee (7806)
Yes, you can drink it any time of the day. This is a refreshing drink. I want it again this morning.
Mornings for me is for coffee only,.
@brokenbee (7806)
Hmmm yes, some still prefer coffee. I like it too during cold mornings.
I drink three cups of black tea in the morning.
@brokenbee (7806)
Black tea is also a good choice.
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@brokenbee,I have never tried it,but now after reading your post will try it possibly from tomorrow.I take tea in the morning.
This smoothie sounds so refreshing! And delicious!
@ridingbet (46688)
just coffee my hija
@brokenbee (7806)
coffee with creamer?
@ridingbet (46688)
@brokenbee yes. Half a teaspoon of coffee, 2 teaspoons of creamer, half a teaspoon of sugar, and also hot water
@brokenbee (7806)
@ridingbet How about the cup Ate? ahahahaha Just kidding! I'm a little busy today. Awww
I drink coffee because it is good for me and since bananas have a particular enzyme in them naturally, it is unfortunate my blood type cannot metabolize it properly so I no longer consume that delicious fruit the Type O's have no problem digesting effectively . . .
@brokenbee (7806)
I didn't know that a certain blood type cannot metabolize bananas properly. Hmmmmm thanks for the info. Yes, coffee has good benefits too.
Yeah I am the blood type gal who follows that now since way back in 2006 I really needed to change my life around and this was one way that has done wonders . . . I am a type AB+ and bananas have a protein in them (like all food sources do) that blood type AB+ just does not allow for proper digestion and metabolic response, I feel lethargic, gassy, and just ill--- and now I know why. @brokenbee
@brokenbee (7806)
@enlightenedpsych2 hmmmm! That's interesting.
@hereandthere (28855)
my stomach seeks something warm first thing in the morning. you're very sensitive to caffeine. have you tried decaffeinated coffee? can you share how to make that carrot and banana smoothie?
@brokenbee (7806)
yes, and I drink decaf sometimes. But since it's already summer, I don't want coffee anymore. Hihi I just add 2 to 3 medium sized carrots, 3 bananas, 2 scoops of powdered milk or 1 small can of evap and 2 tablespoons of sugar. And I also add ice til the glass pitcher (oops, is that how you call it) is almost full.
@brokenbee thanks!
@jcj_111776 (3221)
I'm not really into smoothies but my mother-in-law is a great fan. One time though I think her little experiment went a bit too far. She mixed several fruits and vegetables and turned them into a smoothie that made her vomit immediately after drinking it.
@brokenbee (7806)
whoa! Hahahaha! Yes, there are fruits and veggies that don't taste good when blended. I didn't like the taste of cucumber when mixed to carrots. Hihi
@brokenbee I think she learned a big lesson that day.Not everything can go well together lol!
@KristenH (23264)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That does sound tempting to drink. I might try it soon. Any kind of carrots?
@brokenbee (7806)
Yes, I used the one we use in cooking but make sure it's still fresh. =)
@KristenH (23264)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@brokenbee Ok I guess any color carrot would work then.
I rises late from bed and so I have to think about what is easy .
@brokenbee (7806)
Oh, okay. Hmmm but you can try this too sometimes. You can prepare the ingredients at night then you just have to blend them in the morning.
@brokenbee I will surely try it.
@cherriefic (4326)
• Baguio, Philippines
I haven't tried it. But now that you mentioned, maybe I can try it so the kids will also have their veggies and fruits in one glass.
@brokenbee (7806)
Yup, and it is also perfect for summer.
@Lucky15 (33439)
oh, this one will be good. my heart has been palpitating too lately
@brokenbee (7806)
Yes, me too! That's why I can't drink much coffee. I love my new drink. But I think I should not add ice in my smoothie if I have to drink it in the morning.
@Micmac (7659)
Looks like a very nutritious morning drink. Thanks for the idea..I will try this smoothie for lunch time. I normally drink coffee or tea in the morning.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
We have the same reaction when drinking coffee so I refrain from this, instead I only drink lukewarm water but you give me the idea on drinking carrot smotthie, I'll try this one.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Nice, but I prefer coffee with milk. I only drink some juices in the afternoon,