The problem with good shows

Brookville, Pennsylvania
Do you remember the show Heroes? When it first aired, I wasn’t all that interested. I caught a few minutes of it here and there, and thought it looked okay. As it went on, the buzz around it grew and grew. So before the second season started, I figured I ought to check it out. I found a site that had bootleg copies – one episode would have Russian subtitles, the next Spanish, etc. – and started watching it. A few episodes in, I got hooked. It would be almost midnight, and I’d think, I’ll watch one more episode before going to bed. That episode would end with a bit of a cliffhanger, and I figured, Well, I’m still pretty awake. I’ll just watch one more. The next thing I know, it’s 4:00 AM and I had work in a few hours. I think that was my first real experience binge watching. (I think at the time it was just called being lazy.) The reason I bring this up is that, since season two of Daredevil is coming out in a few weeks, I figured I should rewatch the first season to refamiliarize myself. I figured at two episodes a day it would take me a week to get through the thirteen episodes. I ended up watching them all in three days. Unlike with the Heroes cliffhangers, I knew what was going to happen in Daredevil. Of course, I was then looking forward to the hallway fight, Stick, the Nobu fight, etc. I guess my “problem” with good shows is that I have to spend so much time doing boring stuff, like make money and doing that whole … living thing.
I never watched Heroes and NBC rebooted the series this season.
• Brookville, Pennsylvania
The first season was good, but it went downhill from there. I never bothered to check out the reboot.