Thanks MyLotters....I'm Always Learning Something New

I never know what little tidbit of information I'm going to find here in the course of the day. My granddaughter has had a hacking cough for the past few nights which results in keeping the rest of the family awake. She's a teen but when she's sick she's the worst. Since my daughter is walking around like a zombie without a good nights sleep for the past few days I remember reading here that Vicks Vapo Rub on the soles of the feet works for coughs. I mentioned this to my daughter and they tried it last night even though my granddaughter thought it was a ridiculous idea. Well....it worked and everyone had a good nights sleep. My granddaughter is still home from school today but at least she wasn't up all night coughing. So, thanks to whomever wrote about this trick for coughs and as I said before....you learn something new here every single day. Thanks Mylotters
I agree, it's great what we can learn from each other here.
@jabouk it's amazing what I learn in the course of a day here
@MarymargII (10389)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Marilynda1225 It is a veritable learning project- you're right! hahaha!
@ramapo17 (25199)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marilynda This is better than doing a search for things as sooner or later everything we ever wanted to know about anything will show up.
@Marcyaz (35620)
I also find I am learning things from this site as people write and tell us tips and tricks or this, that and the other. I think it is great and at times even get an idea for a discussion.
@sugartoes (41947)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz that's why I write what I write on here to teach others about things they haven't heard about or seen yet on t v
@Marcyaz (35620)
@sugartoes Yep it always makes me feel good when someone says I hadn't heard about this before like I say a lot to others.
@sugartoes (41947)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz I don't never hear someone say that tome but I do get gratitude from people that enjoy what they read from me that's what I thrive for on here
I use Vicks but never in a million years did I believe that would work...Still not sure why it would.
@Morleyhunt (20281)
Don't know why it works, but who is complaining. It works even better on the feet than on the chest.
@Morleyhunt yes, for some crazy reason it works on the feet
@Marilynda1225 I dno't think I could ever smear in on my feet, ugh.
@Morleyhunt (20281)
I wrote about it. I was very skeptical. What could it hurt was the only reason my husband and I tried it. We lay in bed coughing...and said, well this isn't working...six hours later we both awoke, feeling refreshed....we had experience a good nights sleep with little or no coughing. I will use it. I will recommend it.
@morelyhunt so I owe my thanks to you for writing the post about the Vicks!! I couldn't for the life of me remember who said it but it does work so I thank you, my daughter thanks you and my granddaughter thanks you
@Morleyhunt (20281)
@Marilynda1225 you are so welcome. A good nights sleep helps make everyone feel a little more human.
@MarymargII (10389)
• Toronto, Ontario
And here I thought it was only great for kids. I'll have to get my husband to reach my feet though as I have a bad hip and can't bend well and he'll hate the greasy feel--oh well, he can use a kleenex. teehee!
That is the first I am hearing of it. I sure do plan to get some just in case someone needs it. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Years ago a friend had mentioned that and of course I thought it was silly so I never tried it, thanks for letting us know it actually works.
@Daljinder (22072)
@rebelann Yep it works and even applying lukewarm mustard oil work Thanks... :)
Your welcome @Daljinder Mustard oil?? That's a new one to me. I'll have to look into that.
@ramapo17 (25199)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Daljinder I never heard of mustard oil.
I've heard this too but how can it possibly work? It doesn't matter really, does it, as long as it does.
Have you heard about putting an onion on your feet overnight? It is controversial on whether it works or not, but I never tried it, I don't want my bed smelling like onions, even if I do love the smell and taste when I am eating, but not in my bedroom.
@Daljinder (22072)
@Carmelanirel2 lol Don't try putting that onion under your armpits unless you want to get fever....
@Daljinder Armpits? I never heard of that one, and it gives you a fever? I doubt that one like I doubt the one about putting it on the feet to remove an illness.
Not silly if it actually worked.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jstory07, It is soothing.I always have it every night . It relieves stress too.
@cacay1 I didn't know it worked for stress too?
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@lilnana1111 That is based on my experience. It is soothing and relaxing.Just rub the part near your hear and back of your heart, so cool.
Medical experts say that there is no clinical evidence for this, but you know, I see tons of people post that it works for them. Fifty years from now they will admit that it works. Another thing that helps if the cough over powers that is a small square of dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate? You have my attention. lol
This is wonderful that it helped your grandaughter. myLot is so valuable for help.
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
I didn't also know that thing! wow!
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@trivia79. There are many Vics Vapor rub in Philippines store to store of two sizes big and small.
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
@cacay1 i mean that rubbing of vics vapor rub on feet
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@trivia79 Better massage your feet the feeling will be amazing , and you would feel sleepy while being massaged.
I've heard of this before. Maybe I should try it. *be well*
As someone else said, it is soothing. I like it even without a cough. Actually I am using an essential oil blend for my feet, but it has eucalyptus in it and it penetrates.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
This is something I didn't know. I have a follow up appointment with the hospital soon, I'll ask if I can do this
i'm so glad somebody told 'ja 'bout that coz it does work wonders. no doubt all feel better'f a more restful sleep. i hope yer granddaughter continues to get better, hon...'n that nobody else catches whate'er she's got.
@pgntwo (21928)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
On the feet, well... On the sole of the foot or on the upper surface? Vicks Vaporub I have. This has me wondering...
Same I always learn something new everyday to and, glad it worked.
@shshiju (10572)
• Cochin, India
Vicks Vaparub is available here also.
@iamshane487 (1155)
• Manila, Philippines
Everyone can learn new knowledge and wisdom with one another here.
@Lucky15 (33720)
We learn a lot from our fellow lotters :)
@Scindhia (1943)
• Chennai, India
Wow! Now I can try this on my son. He has cough too. He is 3. Will it be alright if I do this?