I Just Can't Eat

@IvySaysHi (4342)
It seems like every time I try to eat I end up with these stitches and crap getting incredibly sore and my jaw aching. I don't think I will be trying to eat anymore until it is time for these stitches to come out. We only have tomato soup, yogurt, and pudding that are for sure soft foods, but I am sick of just eating sweets. I want food, food. On top of that I have this nasty taste in my mouth that if I didn't know any better is coming from the wounds in my mouth. I am going to try to avoid food which is going to be tough, but I just can't deal with the pain. Last night I slept in bed for the first time ssince my surgery and I woke up with my ear starting to hurt. I am hoping it is completely unrelated. I think I just need to sleepthe days away until it is stitch removal day.
So sorry you are unable to eat. Ear pain often results from jaw pain. I grind my teeth at night and I will get ear pain sometimes. If you are taking antibiotics, the ear pain is probably due to the jaw pain.
Its weird anytime I have teeth work done I get some kind of ear pain. When do you have to go back? Make sure this is not an infection. Teeth and ear are related.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
I go back Monday to get these stitches taken out
@IvySaysHi I hope it does not get more painful...
• Calgary, Alberta
I can feel your pain because few years ago I had my surgery and the recovery time is really painful.
• Pensacola, Florida
How many days do you have until the stitches come out? Check with your doctor but the bad taste may be coming from an infection.
@Marcyaz (35589)
I think to be safe I would call about this as it doesn't sound normal and with your ear starting to hurt could be an infection.