Fake Police Cars

The most common police CARS/SUV in my area are Fords. To be exact Ford Crown Victoria and Ford Explorers. The one huge annoyance for me is when you are driving and you come across a "similar" vehicle like the police that is behind you from a distance but you can't tell if it's actually a police or not - so you are a little nervous....... Then, as the car passes by you! It's like dang - it wasn't a police after all. Those who buy retired police cars, I see them having an advantage to the road because many are unaware if they're police cars or not and usually get out of the way. I think those vehicles should be painted a different color like red, navy, green, or something other than taxi (yellow) or (white/black as used for security, volunteer police cars or police cars). Anyhow on to my story, a few years ago at night I was driving home on my usual road home. I noticed a black car following me and I could not make out the headlights as it didn't look like a police offer but the car turned it's lights on me. I just kept going because at night - it isn't safe to pull over where there isn't much light and eventually the car was tired of following me. Turns out it was just some teens messing with me. So if you are being pulled over at night - ensure you put on your emergency lights and pull over somewhere that is well lit with people. Lastly a curiosity - Are police cars in your area/state - all the same or different? When I went to Indiana like a decade ago - I was surprised to see police cars in all different brands and models.
All the cars of the police are the same and you cannot mistake them with a normal car they are white with large orange stripes on the front and on the doors.
Can other people own the same kind of car, brand and model?
@infatuatedbby Yes, of course, they are regular cars, but no one can paint the cars with the same colors used by the police. Not to mention that every police car has the big rotating blue light on the top.
@LadyDuck Here - sometimes the lights are inside the car so it's hard to tell if it's a policer officer or not.
My grandpa used to own a old police car he bought at a auction and, here they are all different models, one for county, state and, city.
The ones I see are just Fords - sometimes GMC but that's it. I was shocked to see all kinds of random police cars in Indiana - I wouldn't know which car is an actual police or not. I wonder if owning a old police car - do they sell it because they're damaged? Or because it has a certain amount of miles? Violence? I always wondered why they sell police cars as some still looks like they're in good condition too.
@infatuatedbby I think because they updated to newer cars, but yeah probably all sorts of reasons.
@lilnana1111 (2343)
Thank goodness you didn't pull over. As far as I know ours are different
Ours is two model of Fords - Ford Sedan and Ford SUV also motorcycles. I do not trust pulling over in a dark area. I kept going until I reached the nearest gas station at least, but the person probably didn't want to be caught with an actual police officer and just left.
I see different brands here.
@Lucky15 (33423)
Same here :)
@EddieHands (37852)
I usually wait until they scream in the megaphone for me to pull over. That is when I cast magic to summon my dragon. They stay with their mouths open as I fly away in victory! Blessings. Cops eat a lot of donuts
I only been pulled over twice, lol. Both with warnings.
We have several little sporty cop cars here and the usual police sedans.
No sporty cop cars here.