Do You Really Know Trump?

@DWDavis (11146)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Today in the news we learned that Donald Trump said he didn't know enough about David Duke and the white supremacist movement to decide whether or not to disavow their endorsement of his Presidential candidacy. Mr Trump claims he didn't understand the question because CNN gave him a faulty ear piece. During the interview he claimed to know nothing about David Duke or any white supremacist movement, and insisted he didn't know such groups had endorsed his candidacy. Later today I learned that Donald Trump does not believe in the freedom of the press, at least not as it applies to him. He intends to spend millions suing journalists and news outlets that don't report favorably about him because, to quote The Donald himself, he's "not like other people." To top it all off, one of the Secret Service agents assigned to protect Trump grabbed a Time Magazine photographer in a choke hold at a recent Trump rally and drove the photographer to the ground to prevent the photographer from taking pictures of protesters at that political rally. The photographer posed no threat to Trump, but he left the corral to which the Trump campaign had limited members of the press. Folks here in the US, is this the kind of man you want running this country? Folks outside the US, would having a man like this in charge of the US make you feel more safe and secure? Do we really know Donald Trump at all, or is he trying to sell us a pig in a poke?
@Platespinner (18577)
You make him sound like just another crooked politician .
@irishidid (8152)
I was just thinking the same thing. LOL
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
He's much worse than your average run-of-the-mill crooked politician. Mr Trump hired a company known to be owned by the heads of two NY mob families to pour the concrete for Trump Towers. He's also refused to disclose his tax returns. Could it be he doesn't want anyone to know with whom he might be doing business?
As a non American I would be scared to see Donald Trump as President.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I think it took the Republican Party too long to realize the real threat of Trump. He appeals to the lowest common denominator among angry white middle and lower middle class Americans and they come out to support him in droves.
@DWDavis You are right, they should have understood before that this man can be dangerous.
Today I saw an image of a younger Trump with his daughter sitting beside him (or was it on his lap, either way...) There was a quote from him stating that his daughter was very beautiful and were it not for the fact that he was married and that she was his daughter, he would uhm.. well you know. Is this true? Who is to say. I wouldn't put it past him though. I don't follow the debates but I know an untrustworthy person when I see one, and he will drive our country to the ground if we let him.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The country's already "in the ground".
@UncleJoe I didn't want to point out the obvious
@Morleyhunt (16761)
Surely, you have seen on Facebook, that Canadians think it's time to pull the plug on that prank.
@1wldngl (3996)
Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if he is a dupe, a plant so that the focus is on him and to purposefully divide the Republican vote enough to ensure a Democratic win. I truly, truly hope that win isn't Hillary. They are a double headed coin, she and Trump.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be correct. Trump sure discovered his conservative Republican roots late in life after being a die hard Democrat most of his adult years.
@1wldngl (3996)
@DWDavis Yes, and it's so funny how that doesn't seem to bother anyone. I even had one VERY conservative young lady tell me, "well it's not unusual for people to change their party affiliation. I was a democrat until recently." But....but....he's also a liar and an all around creepy dude man. LOL
• Eugene, Oregon
Trump is a very dangerous man with a lot of momentum in a party that has lost its way. He is a danger to civil liberties and appeals to the very worst instincts in this country. Did you ever read "It Can't Happen Here" by Sinclair Lewis?
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I never read it, but I know the gist of it. It was a cautionary tale about how fascism could come to America, disguised as Patriotism and opportunity. There are some disturbing parallels between Trump and Windrip.
• Eugene, Oregon
@DWDavis There surely are.
I am not sure about him.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am sure of one thing about him, and that's that I don't want him to be President.
When one does the research, every single candidate has been involved in something that is definitely cause for concern. Takes a lot of study before one can choose a candidate that has done less rotten stuff than the others. A mighty task indeed. My husband was the Regional Director of Public Affairs for the U.S. Department of Labor for 35 years. He heard it all and saw it all. He chooses his candidates based on which party he had dealings with that was less rotten during his time with the Department of Labor. I have my guy picked, did the research, and I am sticking with him.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I may not know which of the current Republican candidates is the least of the available evils, but Mr Trump is far and away above the others in despicableness.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
Like I have been saying you can't sue everyone. He sounds a little scary.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
He is more than a little scary when you take a hard look at him, his past, and what he really says.
I think it will be funny if American's vote him in. But it would also be incredibly scary from the rest of the world's point of view.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
He may win the Republican nomination, but Hillary, the Dems, and their lapdogs in the mass media will make mincemeat out of him in the general election.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You are so right. We should rely on Hillary's honesty.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am going to assume you mentioned Hillary's honesty in a tongue-in-cheek manner. Hillary and honesty may both begin with the letter H, but that's the only thing they have in common.
I think he is not suitable to be the next president in your country. He will put all his power to gain more profit in his pocket. Besides, how can he rule the country if doesn't have a worthwhile experience to be a leader.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think you are projecting what you would do because you are poor. Trump isn't.
@AkoPinay (10827)
I don't know him. I don't know our candidates either. I only know myself (^_^)
I know him well enough I don't want to vote for him lol.
@ShyBear88 (16898)
As a born and raised a,erican I don't want him to run our country at all. To be into all things and wanting people to still support him. The people that want this crazy guy are of course those holding us all back from growing as human beings, we shouldn't be closed minded. I'll vote for someone isn't going to give money to racist people but to someone that will try to bring us all together.
Not sure what I think about our choices.