Unconventional movies

@avi256 (4364)
Pune, India
I have reached a stage where normal movies or I must say, so called popcorn movies, kind of candyfloss romance or movies that have high mass appeal dont really attract me. I am always in search of those offbeat movies that not only entertain you but at the same tickle your emotions or your thinking, or plays with your mind. A kind of movie that enthralls and is thought provoking. It may not necessary be a very thrilling sci fi concept but an engaging drama which can have an emotional impact .
Papillion staring Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen is fabulous. Drama for sure.
@avi256 (4364)
• Pune, India
@Corbin5 Thanks for the recommendation, will watch them for sure.
Awesome!
• Preston, England
movies, TV shows and books that are different and original are sure to grab our attention better
@Micmac (8986)
Yes, I like the unconventional movies too because they leave a message or a thought that are really moving and inspirational.
@avi256 (4364)
• Pune, India
And unlike normal commercial movies, they stay with you for sometime even after the movie has ended.
@Micmac (8986)
That is true @avi256 They are unforgettable and often I tend to watch the offbeat movies more than once.
@avi256 (4364)
• Pune, India
@Micmac which offbeat movies you liked most in recent times .
I like those movies too. I saw 2 days ago a wonderful film that I had missed Slumdog Millionaire (2008) withh settings in Mumbai,. India. It was an impact for me, as you say, and it is a film that everyone of is should see.
@avi256 (4364)
• Pune, India
Slumdog millionaire was a hard hitting movie, it was very raw and unshamed of what it was showing. Loved the movie a lot and the direction music was splendid.
@avi256 (4364)
• Pune, India
Few unconventional movies from Bollywood in recent times that I really loved were Talaash, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Ugly,Rockstar , Barfi to name the few.