Livng with depression

@VinayaG (550)
Kathmandu, Nepal
I father suffered from acute depression for many years. We were too small to understand father's conditions, however, my mother was very supported. She not only too care of father but also managed the family. In my observation, only the loving partner can help the depressed man/woman.
Depression runs in our family, both sides. Will not go into my struggle with that horrific disease, but I beat it. I too had a husband who supported me and never waivered. Your dad and I were very fortunate to have spouses that loved us so much they did not abandon us to fight our disease alone.
@rina110383 (24068)
I know of someone who also suffered from depression. She had the support of her siblings and parents Eventually, she became okay because of family support and regular intake of meds. It's true, a spouse's or family's support is a big factor in one's recovery from depression. How's your dad?