What Does Lying Say About The Way They Truly Feel About You?

Springfield, Missouri
I have often asked myself this question throughout my 38 years, but haven't ever been able to come up with a logical answer. I don't mean the white lies a child may tell to keep from getting into trouble, but the lying of someone who claims to love you in relationships. If there is one thing that I despise it is someone that compulsively lies to me. This is one of the most common reasons for break-ups besides infidelity. I am the type of person who can forgive someone if they are honest, but if they still continue to lie once I know the truth then I can't take it. I may tolerate it for a while, pretending that everything is okay, but I reach a point after a while where I can't stop thinking about it and I have to end it. The worst part is when they decide to be honest, but only tell part of the truth and lie about the rest. Hello, you were doing so well in owning up to what you've done, but then have the audacity to tell me yet another lie with your half truth? I would like to know what some of you think about this. When do you finally decide that enough is enough?
@Mike197602 (13310)
• Worcester, England
Lying to someone you're in a relationship with shows a lack of respect in my opinion. I don't think I'd tolerate any lying unless there was a very very good reason for it. Relationships are based on trust and if you're being lied to you can't trust the person.
• Springfield, Missouri
II agree with you 100%!!! Lying does absolutely NOTHING in a relationship but create distrust and without trust you simply don't have much of a relationship at all!!
That is what I am dealing with right now. My ex is a bold azz liar and he is begging me for forgiveness but he still lies. I just told him to hurry up an die to get from around me. I am tired and fed up.
• Springfield, Missouri
I have been right where your at!! My current boyfriend was still married when I met him but had been separated for a long time, however, he told me that he was divorced! His wife's mother of all people contacted me on Facebook and told me that he was still married to her daughter. When I confronted him about it he said that he thought when he signed the papers and sent them out that was all he had to do so he had thought it was all over with. Like a fool I believed him! There have been countless other lies that he has told since and I am about to end the relationship because of it. Truth be told? I don't think he cares if I am in his life one way or the other.
• Springfield, Missouri
@sharon6345 Sorry to hear about your situation, I know it hurts to find that someone you love is unfaithful. I have no proof yet of cheating which is the one and only reason why we are still in a relationship. I have found that he has several profiles on sites where people meet just to "hookup" and on sites where people don't wanna leave their significant other but want to cheat on them, so I guess u would call them cheating sites. He also downloaded a texting app on MY notebook and one day when I was suppose to be at work but didn't go he got a text from his wife that said "you never showed up", so pretending to be him I asked her what she meant. Her response was "you said you would come see me today but you never showed". Of course when confronted he said that he never made plans to go over there and that she is just a crazy bi**h who likes stirring up drama. He later confessed and said that he was just going over there to discuss their children. I am thinking our relationship is not going to go any further and we are at a standstill with no hope of trust being restored. Too much has happened and every Tim he leaves now all I do is think the worst. Usually when that much trust is lost you might as well wrap it up because it isn't gonna get any better.
@Stewboyz5 That is how I feel about mine. I can't ever in life trust a word ever said out his mouth. he was found to be a terrible person to even his kids. one of which will be sleeping over my house tomorrow. I hate it too that it went so far. I am blessed now more then ever that it's not a issue for me any more.
@DWDavis (11218)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I don't lie to my wife. I will even tell her when the dress makes her look fat. And I hope she doesn't lie to me. My students will sometimes lie, but they know I don't ask what they've done unless I already know the answer.
• Springfield, Missouri
I have much more respect for someone if they are always honest with me!! If you are respectful enough to tell the truth no matter what the circumstance is, it really shows how much you care about your partners feelings!! Good for you for being that person!!
• Denmark
Fortunately, I haven't been in such a situation and can't add anything sensible.