Can you be friends with an ex?

@Bella128 (2488)
As I look through my past to each of my exes some of them I would never want to talk to ever again but there are some that I don't mind being friends with. Are you friends with any of your exes? Do you think it's possible to be "just friends" with an ex? For me I really think it depends on a number of things. In recent times I've tried to be friends with one of them but the constant flirting he tries to do has turned me off completely to the point that I've since stopped replying to his texts. So in this case I feel that no, I can NOT be friends with this ex anymore.
I was married at age 21 and really had no desire to be friends with an ex. After 44 years of marriage, those ex boyfriends of mine are hard to remember and probably look pretty darn old now.
@miniam (9304)
• Bern, Switzerland
wow well done, was married only 12 years, looked like forever
@Bella128 (2488)
I was married at 21 too unfortunately it ended when I was 23.
I am on the phone with my ex now. We are better now then when we were together. he can open up to me in ways he felt he could not before about lots of stuff. I don't know what the future holds but he will forever be in my life. He hurt me bad but he is showing every day how he is sorry.
@Bella128 (2488)
My ex husband and I were better friends after the divorce than we were while married but as time keeps passing by we've lost touch.
@Bellatricks That is the case with my current ex now although it's really hard on him that I moved on.
@AkoPinay (10761)
I guess we can still be friends but it is BETTER to avoid them as much as possible.
@Bella128 (2488)
Haha, yeah sometimes that's just the best thing to do.
• Pleasant Hill, California
For me, it depends on how much time has passed.
I think we can be friends with exes. But then, it is also depends on the scale of how the relationship ended. Some of my exes are still my friends and occasionally, we send messages without malice.
@miniam (9304)
• Bern, Switzerland
im friends with my X husband,before l remarried he was still my best friend but after marriage, it`s as if he`s jelous of my husband
• Mumbai, India
That means he still loves you.
@miniam (9304)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Karjivkaran Too late for now, we`ve been divorded 7 years,he`s remarried 3X since we divorced
• Mumbai, India
oh gosh three times. Something unusual in India.
• Quezon City, Philippines
I am with friends with my exes, I think it's wrong to see your exes as strangers where some point in your life they mean the whole world to you, also it depends on how did you broke up. Past is past. I have only one ex, that we're not in good terms.
@CoralLevang (39864)
Yes, I do believe that one can be friends. It's whether or not that people want to be human. And kind. For those who understand the true meaning of caring for other human beings, then I don't think it's an issue once you get over the issues.
@karjatwala (1137)
• Pune, India
That will truly depend from one person to another. The reason for the break up will also count on whether one can remain as a friend with an ex.
• Mumbai, India
This is really nice topic as I can see everybody have different experiences and opinions. We always learn many things from our past and then move forward with those happy moments or wounds.
• Mumbai, India
I don't have any ex but I think we cannot be friend of an ex 'cause there is always a danger of falling in love again with your ex.
@rina110383 (21957)
No, because I cut all possible communication with an ex. No, for the same reason.
@Drosophila (16860)
I can be friends aye! the sorta friends never speak or contact or have any interactions