Dust off your old Kindle to update it!

@CRK109 (14465)
I was on bing.com today, gathering my rewards, when I happened upon an article that prompted me to take immediate action. Since I had no idea, I thought maybe this would help someone else here. Anyone, like me, who has an older Kindle, needs to plug it into the charger and leave it overnight. It will be automatically updated so we can continue to use it to download books and games going forward. Without the update, we would not be able to use them as easily to download. Mine is charging up now and I will leave it until tomorrow morning to make sure I get the update. I had no idea that this was a problem, but I'm so glad I managed to find out before it's too late. Tomorrow is the deadline to do this. -Claudia-
• Pensacola, Florida
That sounds fishy to me. There has never been a deadline to update tech in the time that I have been using things that need updating.
@crk109 I thank you for alerting those who have older ones! I have a newer one as I have an addiction to Kindles !
That is strange Claudia to me. They should not have a cut off time for updates. Just they should just update it.
@Lucky15 (33386)
i haven't downloaded kindle, but i am looking forward on it :)
I don't have a Kindle but I wonder how many knew about this? It's good that you have put this information out there.
I don't have a kindle, but I do have the app on my android. So in order to update, you charge your kindle?
Thanks for informing us.